Chapter 6: The Party

Jamie and Mac headed downstairs. He then noticed Jamie stop and looked to see she was really nervous.

"Jamie, you okay?" Mac wondered.

"Y-Yeah. It's just...I've had a crush on Wilt since I met him. And I guess that I'm still trying to fully believe he asked me to the dance," Jamie admitted.

"Well, did he say his reason why he asked you?" he wondered.

"He said I was smart, sweet, and beautiful," she said.

"And that's why he did. So don't worry about it and just enjoy the night with Wilt," Mac suggested.

"Okay, I will," Jamie nodded.

They then heard sneakers squeaking and they turned to see Wilt in his suit. He then saw Jamie and Mac.

"Hey, Wilt," Mac greeted as Jamie waved shyly.

"Hi guys," Wilt responded.

"I'll leave you two alone," Mac smirked as he headed for the main party room.

Wilt looked at Jamie and was speechless for a moment.

"Wow, Jamie. You look...beautiful," he said.

"Thanks," she blushed then added, "And you look handsome."

Wilt blushed as well then remembered as he held out his hand, "Oh, I'm sorry. May I?"

Jamie accepted it as she responded, "You may. Thank you."

They walked in to the majorly decorated room and everyone was dancing and having a good time. Wilt and Jamie joined in as well. When it stopped, Bloo and Mac came over to them.

"Okay, I was wrong. This party is totally awesome!" Bloo exclaimed happily.

"I told you," Jamie smirked.

"Don't rub it in, Jamie," Bloo said.

She just rolled her eyes then the song "Angel of the Morning" came on.

"And now it's boring," Bloo groaned.

"No it's not. It's perfect," Jamie said.

"She's right. And with that being said," Wilt replied then asked Jamie with his hand out to her, "May I have this dance?"

Jamie smiled, accepted it, and answered, "Yes, you may."

They walked out onto the dance floor and they faced each other.

"I'm sorry, but do you mind if I...?" Wilt trailed off as he wrapped his arm around her.

Jamie smiled and said, "Not at all."

He smiled as he picked her up and they were eye level. She was basically sitting on his arm. Jamie wrapped her arms gently around his neck as he swayed them to the music.

"Jamie, I have a question for you. If that's okay," Wilt said.

"Of course, anything," Jamie answered.

"Why did you say 'yes' when I asked you to the dance? I mean I only have one arm and a messed up eye," he asked.

Jamie was a little stunned at first, but simply smiled and cupped his face.

"Wilt, I said 'yes' to you because you are an amazing guy. I've seen this from the day we met. And your arm and eye," Jamie started as she touched what was left of his left arm then near his left eye then explained, "they are what make you different in a good way. It's anyone like you I consider a role model. You may lose something, but you gain something in return. It may not be what you lost before, but it could be equally good or even better. I can't think of anyone else I would go to this dance or any other date other than you."

Wilt smiled as she talked. He was happy to know this was how she felt. She rested her head in the crook of his neck as they continued to dance.

"Thanks, Jamie. I can't think of anyone else I would go to this dance or any other date other than you either," Wilt told her.

She smiled as they continued to dance. This was truly a great night for both of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Aww! Wilt and Jamie are so great! Also, what I put about people like Wilt being role models, that is true. Bethany Hamilton, Noah Galloway, Amy Purdy, the list goes on. And the next chapters will be based off of two of my favorite episodes from the entire series.