Chapter 8: The Reunion

Jamie, Mac, and Bloo walked back through the gate to the imaginary friends reuniting with their creators. Jamie had set the lemonade on a table.

"Wow, I think it's so amazing that Madame Foster hosts this reunion every five years," Mac said.

"Yeah. I love reunions. It feels like it's one big family," Jamie added.

They watched each imaginary friend spending time with their creators.

"It must mean so much to the imaginary friends to see their old creators once in a while," Jamie remarked.

"Hmm. I'll say," Bloo stated grumpily.

"What's wrong with you? You should be happy for all our friends," Mac told him.

"You are so selfish," Bloo said with a hint of anger.

"Me? What are you talking about?" Mac demanded.

"Look around you, Mac. These friends haven't seen their creators in years. Years! They are overcome with joy!" Bloo explained, ushering to Clumsy and his creator, who ran to each other, fell in mud, then hugged.

"Yeah?" Mac questioned.

"So! You 'Mr. I Don't Care About Anyone Else's Feelings'! You visit me and Jamie every darn day! You completely deny us the thrill of a reunion that everybody else at Foster's gets to have every five years!" Bloo exclaimed.

"But Bloo, if Mac didn't visit us everyday, we would be adopted. I might not by how I look, but still. Do you not get that?" Jamie said.

"Well, the only reunion I got was with you, Jamie, which is good. But that was four years, not five," Bloo said.

They walked over to these two guys, Adam and Douglas, testing something with Coco. Adam pulled something from Coco's toe while eating chips and gave it to Douglas. He put it under a microscope and examined it.

"Hmm. Inconclusive," Douglas decided and put it into the computer.

"Pfft. 'Inconclusive?' You completely entered the data wrong. Move," Adam said then shoved Douglas out of the way and sat down in front of the computer.

"No, you dolt. You can't use parenthesized prefix notations!" Douglas objected, trying to push Adam out of the way.

Coco rolled her eyes as Bloo, Mac, and Jamie came her way.

"Ha ha! Coco was created by nerds!" Bloo teased.

"Bloo!" Jamie said.

Coco was about to say something until Douglas responded, "No, she wasn't. She wasn't created by nerds."

"Correction: she was discovered by nerds. Oh and we're not nerds," Adam corrected.

"Discovered?" Mac and Jamie asked.

"Yes, discover. My colleague, Douglas," Adam started.

"Hi," Douglas waved.

"And I," Adam continued.

"He's Adam," Douglas said.

"Once studied biology," Adam finished his sentence.

"That is the study of living things and-- and--" Douglas started.

As Adam started explaining the story, Bloo dozed off as Jamie and Mac listened.

"Yes, not too far off the coast of--" Douglas said.

"And we found her there," Adam interrupted.

"Really? You were all alone?" Mac asked.

"In total solitude and--" Douglas started after interrupting Coco.

"Not a human creator to speak of," Adam interrupted.

"What happened to your kid, Coco?" Jamie asked.

Coco almost answered until Adam said, "That is precisely what we asked."

"Or else 'Who created her' and 'Why' and--" Douglas continued.

"The mystery involving this strange creature boggled our brilliant minds. And we have since dedicated ourselves to pioneer a new science: figmentology!" Adam said, knocking Coco and Douglas down.

"Hey everybody!" Frankie greeted, getting everyone's attention.

"Hey Frankie," Jamie waved.

But when Adam and Douglas saw Frankie, they went all dreamy-eyed. Adam got the leftover chip crumbs off his shirt while Douglas straightened his glasses and lifted his pants above his waist.

"H-H-Hi Fr-Fr-Fra-Fra--," Douglas stuttered.

"Miss Foster, it's such a pleasure to see you once again. How does this fine day find you?" Adam asked.

"Uh, great. Either of you like a hotdog?" Frankie offered.

"W-W-W-Why y-y-yes. Thank-Thank-Thank-," Douglas stammered, getting one hotdog then being shoved out of the way.

"I would adore consuming anything sculpted by your skilled and delicate hands," Adam flirted, getting the rest then took a bite out of one.

"Yeah, okay. I gotta go...do something over there," Frankie said then ran off.

"B-B-Bye Frankie!" Douglas exclaimed then both him and Adam sighed dreamily.

"She is a vision," Adam replied, ate Douglas's hotdog, turned back to Bloo, Mac, and Jamie, and asked with a full mouth, "So, where was I?"

"Uh, I just remembered...we got to go over there too," Mac said, grabbed Jamie's hand, pushed Bloo along (which woke him up), and exclaimed, "Hey Frankie! W-Wait for us!"

"Cococococococo cococococo," Coco said.

"Pfft. You sound just like my mother," Adam responded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Bloo, Jamie, and Mac met the scientists who discovered Coco. Cool.