Chapter 10: Their Talk

Wilt made it to his room and shut the door, still smiling hard. Then he sighed sadly as he looked out the window to the reunion. He closed the curtains and sat down against the wall, hugging his knees. He then heard a knock on the door.

"Wilt, it's Jamie. Can we talk?" Jamie asked.

"I guess," Wilt said.

She opened the door to see him near the corner, sighed, shut the door behind her, and sat beside him.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Not really," he sighed.

"I'm sorry Mac and Bloo insisted to meet your creator. I thought he/she would show up, but when Mac asked and I saw how tense you got, I knew right away," Jamie said.

"Well, I'm sorry, but he hasn't come to any reunions since I've been here. That proves that I let him down," Wilt replied.

"Wilt, don't beat yourself up like that. What happened couldn't have been that bad," she insisted.

"'Couldn't have been that bad'? Jamie, I was created to help him with what he needed and I failed. I'm sorry, but that does sound like it was that bad," he said as he stood up.

"I don't know what you went through, but your creator was the luckiest guy in the world because he had you," Jamie told him.

"But if I didn't let him down, I'd still be with him," Wilt pointed out.

Jamie felt torn. She didn't blame him for how he felt, but if he was still there, she wouldn't have met him. Wilt looked at her to see she took it the wrong way as a tear went down her cheek.

"Oh, Jamie. I'm sorry," he apologized as he sat back down.

She wiped it away and said, "It's fine. I know you want to see him again, but all these guys at Foster's, Mac, and I would never get to meet you. I'm sorry you feel this way and I hope you get past it."

She got up and walked out of the room, starting to cry.

"Great, Wilt. You just messed things up with the girl you love," Wilt told himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, we know how Jamie and Wilt truly feel about each other. Will they get to that point of admitting them to each other? If y'all know me, you should know the answer. Lol!