season four volume two ✨teaser✨

RUSSIA WAS TORTURE for Hopper

RUSSIA WAS TORTURE for Hopper. The work. The strain. The cold. And the worst thing of all - knowing that El, Irina and Joyce thought he was dead. Words didn't describe how much he missed them. What he'd give just to see them one more time.

Hopper hated Enzo to begin with. He was just another irritating guard. But then he wasn't. He helped him. Hell, Hopper had almost escaped. And now they were both imprisoned. Enzo wasn't so bad after all. They were talking and Hopper was opening up to him about his past. Sarah. The drugs, the alcohol.

"And then people started coming into my life again." He said, feeling his heart sink and the pain of missing them. "These girls, El and Irina. And this woman, Joyce. A-and I just told myself that they needed me. But that wasn't true. That was a lie. They didn't need me. I needed them." Hopper felt the tears on his cheeks. "You were right, what you said last night. I knew the risks of breaking out, but I did it anyway. The minute I sent for Joyce, the minute I sent for her, I sentenced her to death. Just like I did with Sarah. Everyone I love, I hurt. See, I was wrong this whole time. I wasn't cursed. I am the curse." He sniffled.

Those four words sounded all too familiar to Enzo. He'd heard them before. From someone he loved dearly. Someone he'd helped. And he'd heard the name Irina before. Often referred to as 'Experiment X'. See, there was a reason he thought he could help Hopper escape. He knew the risks, but there was a reason he thought the plan would work - it had worked before.

"I knew someone who said those words, too. It was not that long ago. Five years ago, perhaps. She was just a kid. The people here saw her as weaponised, but she just saw herself as cursed to be in this place. She got out of here though. I don't know where she is now. Hopefully living a better life. Or at least trying to." Enzo explained, but Hopper turned to look at him.

"W-what was her name?" He asked, curiously.

"She was my late sister's daughter. Her name was Irina, too. Irina Kozlova." Enzo told him and Hopper's eyes just widened in realisation. His eyes quickly travelled around his surroundings to be sure no one was too close or listening in.

"That's... th-that's my daughter. I adopted Irina Kozlova." He whispered. Enzo just stared at him, unknowing what to say.

"Y-you're sure it's her?" Enzo stuttered out.

"It's her. She has dark brown hair. About 5'4". One green eye and one brown eye. A barcode tattoo on her wrist. I know it's her." Hopper explained and Enzo let out a shaky breath. She'd made it. His niece was alive.

***

okay i love how i've not only got all you lovely stranger things fans reading this but also found a bunch of marvel fans too hahaha, because you have no idea how tempted i was to somehow find a way to make irina natasha's daughter and somehow have those two go through a portal to another universe - aka, the stranger things universe. maybe i should make a separate story with this sort of crossover? let me know how you would feel about that! ily all