EIGHT

-REVERE-

-
REVERE
-

AFTER CARRYING A LOT of metal, rolling barrels, pouring gasoline and throwing meat about, the five teenagers awaited Dart in an old school bus in the junkyard. It was dark by now and Lucas was on watch on top of the bus while the other four were inside. Irina was slumped against one side of the bus, Steve was opposite her only a few feet away, Max was besides the ladder leading up to the top and Dustin was pacing.

"So, you really fought one of these things before?" Max asked Steve, who nodded and proceeded to flick his lighter back and forth.

"And you're like totally 100% sure it wasn't a bear?" She questioned.

"Shit, don't be an idiot, okay? It wasn't a bear. Why are you even here if you don't believe us? Just go home." Dustin snapped.

"Yeesh. Someone's cranky. Past your bedtime?" Max taunted, going up the ladder to join Lucas.

"That's good. Just show her you don't care." Steve smirked.

"I don't." Dustin said and Steve winked at him. "Why are you winking, Steve? Stop." He said and Irina covered her mouth to stifle her giggle at Steve's attempted wink. Dustin followed Max up the ladder with a sigh, leaving Steve and Irina alone inside the bus.

"You know, I'm glad you're here, Irina. I don't think I could put up with all these kids without you." Steve spoke up.

"What are you talking about? I think you're a pretty good babysitter." Irina smiled.

"You think?" Steve asked.

"Definitely." She replied. "You are good with teenagers, but I have to say, I don't know how you are so good with girls using the whole 'act like you don't care' method." She joked, making Steve chuckle. "It has to be the hair, because I can not see that trick working very well." She added.

"So you like my hair, huh?" Steve teased.

"Yes, Steve, I like your hair. Is that what you want to hear?." She giggled.

"Didn't realise I was that distracting to you, Irina." Steve smirked.

"Don't get cocky, Harrington." She pointed.

"You wanna know the first thing I noticed about you?" Steve asked.

"What?" Irina asked, curiously.

"Your eyes." He said.

"My eyes? What's so good about my eyes?" She asked.