SEVEN

—ERRONEOUS—

ERRONEOUS

"DUSTIN? DUSTIN, THIS is Lucas, do you copy? Dustin?" Lucas's voice sounded through Dustin's walkie. The trio were parked on the path in the woods a little away from the old junkyard unloading buckets of meat and cans of gasoline from the trunk of Steve's car.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is." Dustin placed his hands on his hips.

"Sorry, man. My stupid sister turned it off." Lucas told him.

"Yeah, well, while you were having sister problems Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby demogorgon." Dustin briefed.

"Wait... what?!" Lucas questioned.

"I'll explain later, just meet me, Irina and Steve at the old junkyard." Dustin ordered. "And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." He added.

"Irina and Steve? Steve Harrington?" Lucas asked, confused at the unlikely duo.

"Alright. Let's go." Steve said. Himself and Irina had finished unloading the car. Irina had the gasoline while Steve had one of the buckets of meat and his backpack, which withheld the bat. The other bucket of meat was on the floor for Dustin to carry.

"Just be there, stat. Over and out." Dustin ended and the trio began walking.

***

"Alright, let me get this straight," Steve started. "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl, w-who you just met?" He questioned as Dustin explained his reasoning for keeping Dart. The two of them were tossing chunks of meat out of their buckets as they walked, while Irina still held the large can of gasoline.

"Okay, that is grossly over simplifying things." Dustin pointed out.

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asked.

"An inter-dimensional slug? Because it's awesome." Dustin grinned.

"When you say it that way it does sound pretty cool." Irina piped up.

"See!" Dustin exclaimed.

"Fine, I just- I feel like you're trying way too hard, man." Steve told him.

"Well not everyone can have your perfect hair, alright?" Dustin mumbled.

"It's not about the hair, man. The key with girls is just acting like you don't care." Steve shrugged and Irina made a very confused expression.