FIFTY

-PROCLIVITY-

-
PROCLIVITY
-

THE TRECK TO the Wheelers' household was actually proving to be surprisingly easy, judging by what had just happened. The five of them trudged through the woods relatively calmly since there wasn't much noise around them and they hadn't heard screeching in a while.

"Eddie! Hey, Eddie!" Steve whisper-yelled, making Eddie stop and wait for him. Irina was slightly in front trying to calm Robin down since she wanted to find a 'slightly less creepy road', but Nancy insisted that they were almost there.

"Yeah?" Eddie said.

"Listen, uh, I just wanted to thank you for helping to save my ass back there." Steve thanked him.

"Shit, you saved your own ass, man. I mean, that was a real Ozzy move you pulled back there." Eddie told him.

"Ozzy?" Steve questioned.

"When you took a bite out of that bat. Ozzy Osbourne? Black Sabbath? H-he bit a bat's head off on stage." Eddie said.

"I don't-" Steve started.

"Doesn't matter." Eddie cut him off. "It was very metal, what you did. That's all I'm saying."

"Thanks." Steve sighed.

"Henderson told me you were a badass. Insisted on the matter, in fact." Eddie said.

"Henderson said that?" Steve asked, surprised.

"Oh, yeah. Kid worships you, dude. Like, you have no idea. It's kinda annoying, to be honest." Eddie replied. "I don't even know why I care what that little shrimp thinks, but, uh, I guess I got a little jealous, Steve. I guess I couldn't accept the fact that Steve Harrington was actually a good dude. Rich parents, popular, chicks love him. Not a douche? No way, man. No way." He added. "Still super jealous as hell by the way. Which is why I would never have jumped in that lake to save your ass. Not under any, uh... normal circumstances. Nope. I see danger and I just turn heel and run. Or at least that's what I've learnt about myself this week."

"Give yourself a break, man." Steve told him.

"See? The only reason I came in here was cause those ladies came in straight after you. Now I was too ashamed to be the one who stayed behind. But, Irina right there, she's got the curse yet she didn't waste a second. Not one second. Didn't even need to think about it. Ripped her sweatshirt off and just dove right in. She is, like, prepared to die for you, dude." Eddie explained.

"I know. And that's what scares me." Steve frowned. Just as he said that, the ground began shaking again. Everyone got onto the floor before they could fall so there was less a chance of them hurting themselves.

"Here we go again." Eddie groaned.

"Okay, second on my list of least favourite things: earthquakes. Seriously, I'm unsteady enough as it is." Robin panicked. As the shaking came to a stop, Nancy ran off towards the edge of the woods, followed by everyone else. They could see the Wheelers' house in the distance. Behind it was grey and red clouds and large, aggressive bolts of lightning.

"Come on." Nancy said.

***

The Wheelers' house was really quite haunting with the way it looked in the upside down. Irina couldn't imagine seeing hers and Steve's little house this way. It was strange.

"Might be time to get a maid, Wheeler." Robin muttered.

"Come on. I don't wanna stay here longer than we have to." Nancy said, which was understandable. Irina began walking up the stairs to see what she could find and Nancy, Robin and Eddie followed her. Steve did too, but he stopped and came back down when he heard distant voices.

Nancy lead everyone to her room and pulled open her wardrobe, grabbing a shoe box. She put the box on her desk opened the lid only to find shoes. Not guns.

"Those aren't guns." Eddie said.

"These heels are a bit pointy but I was hoping for something along the lines of a deadly projectile." Robin added.

"I don't understand." Nancy said.

"Maybe you left them somewhere else." Eddie suggested.

"There's a six-year-old in the house. I know where I keep my guns." Nancy snapped. That's when she saw the flashcards.

Meanwhile, Irina was looking around Nancy's room. She'd seen Nancy's room recently and, as odd as it sounded, she could've sworn the wallpaper was different. There was also an open diary laid on her bedside table. Irina furrowed her brows and looked at the date - November 6th, 1983. Irina picked up the diary and flicked to the next page, but it was blank.

"Uh, Nancy?" Irina called out. Nancy was looking around her room with a confused expression before looking over to Irina.

"Yeah?" She said.

"When did you last write in your diary?" She asked.

"Like, yesterday." Nancy replied, coming to stand next to Irina.

"I think the reason your guns aren't here is because... they don't exist yet." Irina told her.

"Shit." Nancy cursed. "6th of November, 1983. That's the day Will went missing. The day the gate opened. We're in the past."

Just then, the four of them heard Steve's voice from downstairs. He was calling out Dustin's name, so they all ran down to him to see that he was spinning around the kitchen talking to Dustin like a madman.

"Maybe he really does have rabies." Robin suggested.

"Steve, what are you doing?" Irina asked him.

"He's here. Henderson. That little shit, he's here. He's like... he's in the walls or something. Just listen." Steve said and everyone went quiet. He was right. They could all hear his voice echoing though the walls or through something. The five of them paced around the house calling out Dustin's name, but he wasn't responding.

"Dustin!" Robin yelled rather loudly.

"Alright, either this kid can't hear or he's being a total douchebag." Steve sighed.

"Will found a way." Nancy muttered.

"What?" Steve asked.

"Will. He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights." She elaborated and tried turning a bunch of lamps on, but they weren't working. Irina shone her torch around the room and stopped it on the light at the top of the room. There was something there. It was like red sparkles in the air. She tapped Steve's shoulder and pointed to it. He also shone his torch on it and saw what she was seeing.

"Uh, guys." Steve said, getting everyone's attention. "You seeing this, too?" He asked and everyone looked where him and Irina were shining their torches.