TWO

-INCESSANT__

-
INCESSANT
__

LAST PERIOD WAS finally over and everyone was dispersing throughout the halls, and by the time Irina arrived at her locker, the corridors were practically empty. She stuffed her textbook in her bag and slammed her locker shut, slinging the tattered, dark brown bag over her shoulder. She made her way throughout the school, heading for the main exit, but when she got to that corridor, she just closed her eyes for a moment and sighed.

There they were. Steve's friends. Tommy H and Carol. Steve was there too, but she wasn't bothered about him. It was too late to back away now because they'd seen her, so instead she just carried on walking and was planning on just pretending they didn't exist. She wasn't one to run away from bullies like them.

"Look who it is. Irina. Zat is nice bag. Did you find it in a dumpster?" Tommy teased, mimicking her accent and poking fun at her worn out bag. Irina turned her head to him and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Кусок дерьма (piece of shit)." She sneered, knowing he wouldn't understand. He stood in front of her, blocking her path and folded his arms, putting his face right in hers.

"What'd you just say to me?" He questioned, threateningly, but Irina wasn't threatened in the slightest.

"Hey, dipshit, we speak English in America. What the hell'd you just say to me?!" Tommy repeated.

"I suppose you will never know." Irina smirked. "Now get out of my way." She rolled her eyes. Tommy let out an evil little laugh, which was mimicked by Carol, and took a step closer to her and began talking.

"Listen here, you little-"

"Come on, man. Just let her past." Tommy was interrupted by Steve. All the other three teens looked at him, Carol and Tommy's faces hardening in confusion and almost disgust, but Irina's softened a little.

"What?" Carol questioned with a grimace.

"She just wants to leave. Let her by." Steve repeated, placing a hand on his hip.

"Listen, Harrington, are we gonna fall out again? And over her? You're seriously gonna let that happen?" Tommy scoffed.

"Yeah, we won't have to fall out if you just leave her alone, okay? Just let her past, man." Steve said, pushing Tommy slightly by the shoulder to let Irina past. She walked by as Tommy swiped Steve's hand away from him and placed a finger on his chest.

"Touch me again and you're dead, Harrington. I swear to God." He growled and stormed out the front entrance with Carol, being sure to shoulder bump Irina on the way.