Chapter 38: "I'm leaving"

Start from the beginning

    "Sign the contract.", the former said. 

    "Alright.", the latter agreed.

    "Riddhima, today there is an inauguration party for Cricket Premier League. Would you like to come along with me?" Vansh asked. 

    "But what will I do there?", Riddhima questioned back. 

    "Stand there, beside me and watch the farce. That's all you have to do.", Vansh said winking at her. 

    She curved her lips in response to Vansh's joke. 

    "I'm heading to college," Riddhima announced. 

    "Message me. I'll pick you up," Vansh replied.

    Riddhima said, "Your brother needs to visit a psychiatrist."

    "I know he is mad but in love with you, my bestie.", Ritu replied over the phone. 

    "Stop it now. He is in love with Dehleez actress Ragini Kapoor. I have seen them in his office cabin, in that Something is Fishy restaurant and also at some parties.", Riddhima replied. 

    "Are you stalking Vansh Bhai?", Ritu asked rolling her eyes. 

    "I'll talk to you later. I have practical class.", Riddhima replied, presumably to avoid Ritu's questionnaire.   

    Upon entering the classroom, she collided with another student. 

    "I'm sorry." 

    "It's ok, Vyom.", Riddhima replied. 

    She added, "How's your hand?" 

    "It's fine now. The plaster cast was removed 3 days ago.", Vyom replied. 

    Riddhima nodded and sat down at her seat. 

    The professor entered and their plant anatomy practical class started. 

    Fifteen minutes passed, the principal entered and said, "NCB officials have come to search something. I want all of you to allow them to do their work." 

    The confusion created in the class, Vyom asked, "Is this a raid?" 

    "Not exactly, they just want to confirm. I trust my students.", the principal replied. 

    NCB officials started searching all the lockers provided to students but didn't find anything unnatural. Finally, they started checking the bags of the students individually. 

    "Whose bag is this?", one of the officials shouted. 

    "It's mine." 

    "What's your name?", he asked. 

    "Riddhima Dagupta.", she said. 

    "Arrest her, right now.", the official declared. 

    "Why? What did I do?", Riddhima asked confusedly, getting scared. 

    "We found heroin and LSD in your bag.", the official stated. 

    Vyom, Ray, Sanjana and all other students along with the professor and the principal were appalled by the revelation. 

    "There was nothing in my bag except my books. Trust me it's not mine. Someone is framing me.", Riddhima's voice cracked. 

    The official signalled to arrest her. 

    Soon, Riddhima was handcuffed and was dragged into campus from the classroom. 

    The students from different departments started filming it. 

    Riddhima was trying her best to stay strong but the allegations were too serious to raise questions about her character and lifestyle. 

    Although she wanted to raise her head high and walk out of the college campus with the officials, she had to hide her face in whatever way she could to avoid the negative glances of her own professors and fellow students. 

    In the men's washroom, "Shakib bhai, ma'am has been arrested by NCB officials. They found drugs in her bag." 

    "Shit! Ray, keep eye on every single classmate you have.", Shakib sounded shocked over the phone. 

    Disconnecting the phone he quickly messaged Angre about the situation. 

    After being dragged out of the main gate by the media, Riddhima was bombarded with hundreds of snaps of her deplorable state and a number of inappropriate questions. 

    Riddhima's eyes caught Shakib's, who signalled her to stay calm. 

    But, for Riddhima it was next to impossible. 

    Such allegations not only destroy the victim's life but also the lives of those close to her. 

    Her mind was blank which was obvious because she was naïve to handle such complicated circumstances alone in this world, unaware that someone was there for her who would smash the world in order to keep her safe and fine.

How was the chapter?....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......