Kabanata 28 - Enjoy the view

We were both panting and gasping for air when Miss Leyla let go of my lips. Kahit ilang ulit pa yata akong halikan nito ay hinding-hindi ako magsasawa. Gosh! Her lips is so addicting!

Napamulat ako ng mga mata at napatitig sa napakaganda nitong mukha. Hanggang ngayon ay gulat at hindi parin ako makapaniwala dahil sa sinabi nito. Did she really mean it?

I felt her hands slowly caressed my cheek habang ang isa naman ay bumaba sa aking bewang na mas lalong nagpadikit ng katawan nito sa akin.

She was looking at me with so much emotions in her eyes. Both of us were silent. Walang kahit na sino man ang nagsasalita at tanging ang mga paghinga lamang ang maririnig.

Pagkatapos ng ilang sandali, ipinagdikit nito ang mga noo namin at marahang pumikit. I could feel her heavy breathing while her thumb is caressing my cheek.

"George." she whispered.

Langhap ko ang mabangong hininga nito at kasabay noon ang pagpikit ko at pagtaas ng dalawa kong mga kamay sa mga pisngi nito.

"I adore you so much." Her voice quaver. It may not be an I love you, but those words made my heart flutter.

"You like me, right?" dugtong pa nito nang wala itong marinig mula sa akin.

No, Ma'am. I just don't like you...but I love you. I have loved you for two years now, Miss Ventura. Pero handa naman akong maghintay kahit gaano pa katagal kung kailan magiging "I love you" ang "I adore you" mo.

"I like you so much, Miss Leyla." ang tanging nasagot ko.

Marahan nitong inilayo ang mukha sa akin na ikinamulat ng mga mata ko at muli akong tinitigan ng matiim.

"You still have a week before your graduation, George. But I couldn't wait any longer. I couldn't take being jealous with your girls na wala akong karapatan...."

"...I wanted you for myself only. I just wanted you to be mine, only mine. Gusto ko nang maging akin ka." she was looking at me intensely before she bit her lower lip and heaved a deep sigh.

"I'll be the happiest if you say yes to be my girlfriend, Georgina." Lumayo ito ng kaunti at hinawakan ang isang kamay ko.

With tears in her beautiful blue eyes, she asked with a shaky and hopeful voice. "Will you be mine, Amanda Georgina? Be my girl, please?"

I blink my eyes for a few times. Sa loob ng dalawang taon, kahit kailan ay hindi sumagi sa isip ko na sa kanya mismo manggagaling ang tanong na iyon. Ni hindi nga sumagi sa isip ko na magkakagusto din ito sa akin. But now, here she is, in front of me....asking me to be her girl.

At wala nang pagsidlan ang nararamdaman kong saya.

I was in shock. You can't blame me, I've admired this gorgeous woman in front of me for a long time. I've prayed for this to happen. God knows how much I've prayed for this. I've prayed so hard that if she'll give me this woman, I'll take care of her for the rest of my life. And I guess this will be my time to prove it.

Who would have thought that my pain and tears for loving this woman would be so worth it?

And in this moment, I'll swear and I'll promise to myself that I'll make this beautiful woman, this wonderful woman the happiest on earth.

I remember the very first day that I saw her crying inside the bathroom, that was the time she caught my eyes. She was crying but still so beautiful. I also remember I hated her ex because she made her cry.

I just really hate seeing women cry. Especially her.

And just by thinking about making her cry and hurting, I can no longer afford. I couldn't take seeing her hurting and crying. That's why I am making a promise that I will never hurt her and I will do everything just to see her smile. Her gorgeous smile.