{5}

Jungkook POV:

I couldn't believe what I just heard.

After overhearing everything Namjoon hyung, Yoongi hyung, and Hoseok hyung said...Y/N's father was alive...after all this time?

What happened when they saw him? Was Y/N in danger? 

Why didn't they want to tell the rest of us? What were they talking about?

I was getting a massive headache after hearing the whole argument, that I went off to the small shed outside to clear my head.

What really disappointed me was that they never considered to tell the rest of us. Yet, I couldn't find it in my heart to get mad at them. After all, they were also considering the safety and reaction of Y/N.

What happened? What did I miss?

My thoughts drifted back to the Inundate of Y/N. If I could've had a little more time...I might've been able to find out what really happened in the crash.

Suddenly, the sound of leaves crunching had me on my guard and I peeked outside the slit of the door.

It was Hoseok hyung, and judging from their argument, they did not talk things out.

"I didn't mean to lose her!" He shouted to the sky. "I didn't mean--" He slumped forward, his knees hitting the ground. "I'm-I'm sorry."

My heart honestly broke for him. Silently opening the door of the shed, I stepped out and looked at him sadly. "Hyung..."

He glanced my way, and I could see his eyes were full of tears.

I could feel a lot of tension, anger, and hurt in the bond. Even Y/N seemed worried and heartbroken.

I kneeled beside him and hugged him.

"Jungkook...I-I'm sorry. We fought again, and...now...I don't know how I'm gonna fix it." Hoseok hyung told me, his voice breaking with every word.

"Why?" I asked him sadly. "What's going on with Y/N's father? What were you three arguing about?"

His eyes widened in surprise and he pulled back from out hug. His whole body tensed and he was on guard. "How...How did you know? Who told--"

"No one did," I told him. "I just...overheard your conversation. Sorry but...I want to know. I could help," I tried to convince him, holding his hands together. "If I could just go back to Y/N's memories...I could find out what happened and piece it all together."

He shook his head and looked me worriedly. "You can't. That would make her remember that time again. And what if she sees you seeing her father alive? Wouldn't that make her traumatized all over again?" 

I shook my head, and I felt myself filling up with confidence again. "Don't worry. This time...I'll go in stealth mode."

He frowned. "Wouldn't you be lying to her?"

My heart sank with guilt. "Well...I'll just...tell her that I need to check something that I missed. I'll tell her that the memories that I would be accessing wouldn't come all back to her. She can just go on with all the things she's gonna do for today, while I'll be in her memories checking out what really happened."

That seemed to satisfy him enough. But as I turned to go, I remembered that I still didn't fully understand their encounter with her dad.

I sat down back again beside him. "Hyung..."

He looked at me. "Yeah?"

"Do you mind...telling me everything about what happened with Y/N's father? How did you meet him?"

He hesitated, unsure if he should tell me or not, so I pulled out my trump card...I showed him my famous "bunny smile".

He looked at me warily, and I knew I won. "I realized just now that you're actually a dangerous man, Jungkook." He breathed deeply then looked around to make sure no one was listening. "I...I'm not supposed to say this. None of us were supposed to tell you guys but...I'll tell you."

I had an idea. "Hey, maybe you could show me."

He pursed his lips. "Fine. Anyway, it's easier."

((If you want to reread their encounter with her father, click this link, or if it doesn't work, you may copy and paste it. https://www.wattpad.com/1224665050-shooting-stars-the-backstory-ugh-pt-1))

...

After I finished replaying the memory in his head, I was blown away.

My feet felt like it had turned to lead. 

It took me a while to process things.

Hoseok hyung looked me at with concern. "Jungkook...are you okay?"

"No," I told him, slumping forward. I was thankful that he had caught my arms in time.

Y/N was definitely not safe. Just when we've overcome a problem, another one found us as quickly as the first one arrived. 

Hoseok hyung sighed with regret. "This is exactly why we didn't want to tell you guys in the first place. But just between you and me, I'm glad I finally told someone else about it. I was starting to question myself if this was the right thing. I was having doubts if I was protecting Y/N in any way. At least you have a better chance at trying to calm down Y/N when something comes up."

I smiled at him, though it was a sad kind of smile. "I'm glad you told me, hyung." and I meant it.

I did his best to send him my best comforts and reassurance.

Right now, it's my top priority to investigate Y/N's memories and find out what happened.