{2}

Before the argument:
3rd Person POV:

Namjoon looked behind his shoulder to see if Seokjin was around.

He wasn't.

Seeing that it was only him, Hoseok, and Yoongi in the room, he cleared his throat. "Guys...I've been thinking a lot about...about Y/N's dad."

Immediately, the two men stopped what they were doing and leaned forward.

Yoongi sighed. "Namjoon, we're not supposed to talk about this anymore."

"I know. But what if...just a simple what-if...what if we told Y/N about it?" He paused, letting his words sink in.

After a long pause, Hoseok was the first to speak. "Well...given the situation, maybe it would be nice if we told her now. Anyway, we were supposed to tell her then."

"If we told her then, she'd think we were crazy, given that we knew nothing about her," Yoongi countered. "And if we tell her now, I bet she wouldn't forgive us for keeping this information from her this long. Besides, she's already got a lot on her plate. I don't wanna add this trouble to her."

"But her father's already gone," Namjoon reminded him. "I made sure of that."

"You don't know that," Yoongi said, his voice rising a little. "The government probably fixed him or something. They wouldn't take him if they knew he was dead."

"So, you're trying to keep this from her, just like how you kept that you're her piano boy a secret," Hoseok said, staring at him.

"It's not about that. Why are you bringing that up?" Yoongi asked, feeling a little annoyed.

"Come to think of it, hyung, why did you suddenly decide not to tell Y/N?" Namjoon asked. "That's not what you said 8 years ago when the monster attacked. You were the first one to insinuate that we tell her. What changed your mind?"

"What about you? When I brought it up, you were the first one to reject. What made you change your mind?"

The two men stared at each other so intensely that they didn't notice Seokjin come inside the room.

"Yah, what do you guys want for lunch?" The elder asked the trio, placing three shopping bags on the counter. "I've got pickled radish, five packs of ramyun, kimchi, bulgogi, and dried seaweed. If you want I can cook all these for today. And also, I ordered spicy chicken wings, this will be delicious."

Hoseok peeked behind Yoongi and tried to signal Seokjin that now was not a good time.

"Later, hyung. I'm talking to Namjoon." Yoongi said, his eyes still on Namjoon.

"Can you guys talk later? I need to know your opinion because I think Y/N and the kids are hungry by now." Seokjin looked up, and immediately saw that something tense was going on. "What are you guys doing?"

"Ah, I see now," Yoongi said again, folding his arms. "Namjoon, do you want to tell Y/N because you're jealous?"

Namjoon's face turned to surprise. "What?"

"Out of all of us, you're the one who spent the least time with her," Yoongi continued. "So, you want to tell her because you want her to spend more time with you."

Hoseok cleared his throat. "Um, Yoongi hyung, I think that's not what--"

"With all due respect, Yoongi hyung, I want to tell Y/N because I care about her. I care about her future. I care about everyone's future. But I guess that's not what you thought when you wished for peace." Namjoon said in a cold tone.