Starry, starry night - GoT - Part 16 - Tyrion x Reader

(Y/n) and Elyse made their way through the ancestral home of the lions. The two women arm in arm as they strolled along the echoing expanses. (Y/n) had to admit that she had enjoyed these last few days. That there was something nice about it just being her and the two family servants. And she was thankful that she had insisted that no one else from the port below the castle, needed to come and help. That she didn't need an entourage of lady's maids and whoever else, following her around. That she was happy to just be quiet and enjoy a simple time with the retainers.

"Perhaps I can make ya something sweet for tomorrow. If I remember rightly, our little lioness did have a taste for the odd, sweet treat now and again. I could get Reben to go down ta the market in the morning and see if there are any lemons on the stalls. I know of one place that might have some from Dorne." Elyse said, as they finally got to the door that led to hers and Reben's rooms.

"That sounds so nice, Elyse. I would love that." (Y/n) replied cheerily, as the older woman pushed open the door. The lady's smile dropping, as she made her way through the ingress. Her eyes falling on Tyrion.

She couldn't remember hearing anyone make their way into the courtyard. No clatter of hooves or shouting voices, as there would usually be when a number of people made their way up to the castle. But she had to admit that since she had arrived at Casterly Rock, she had been a little distracted. Well, in truth, a lot distracted. Every room and stairway; every corridor and open expanse reminding her of wonderful and sad things. Of the mischief that she would make with Jaime and Tyrion. Of the dressing downs she would receive from Linster, when they were caught. The old woman telling her that it was not lady like to run around with boys. Even if those boys were her cousins. That it was not lady like either to be covered in mud and mess, with twigs and leaves sticking out of your hair. To which (Y/n) would always apologise, before sticking her tongue out behind the old crones back. Though at this present moment in time, as she looked into Tyrion's eyes, she wished that she hadn't been so preoccupied.

"(Y/n)! You are alright." Tyrion exclaimed in relief, as he moved forward to embrace her. The little lord stopping in his tracks, as the lioness backed away. Tyrion's eyes dropping to the floor, as he felt his heart plummet into the pit of his stomach.

"Cousin. I am quite well, I assure you. I find it quite amusing that everyone seems to think that I cannot take care of myself. That because I am not cold or heartless like Cersei. Because I care about what my actions may mean for the wellbeing of others. Because I do not kill kings, or I feel the need to take every whore or pretty young thing in the capital, to my bed, it somehow means that I am less of a Lannister than the rest of you. That I am less of a lion than those that share my name. But I assure you, that no matter what you may think, I can be as cruel as the rest of you when I want to be." (Y/n) retorted, as she glared at Tyrion. The little man refusing to meet her gaze.

"Reben, if you would be so kind as to bring my meal to my room, I would greatly appreciate it. I will be taking every other meal in there until I leave here the day after tomorrow." (Y/n) said. A soft smile once again gracing her lips, as she turned her eyes to the shocked old man. Reben simply nodding, as (Y/n) placed a small kiss to Elyse's cheek.

"Thank you. Oh, and Bronn. It is nice to see you again." The lady continued, giving the sellsword a smile before she turned and left. The four people in the room standing there for a moment. No one sure what to say, before Reben quickly made his way over to the table and grabbed a plate. Following after the lioness.

"I'll go and make ya up some rooms, milord." Elyse told Tyrion, before she too disappeared. Tyrion dropping himself onto one of the old wooden chairs that had most definitely seen better days.

"Well.........I don't think that went as well as ya expected, did it?" Bronn sniffed, as he looked around for some wine. The sellsword deciding that he had some dust in his throat that desperately needed washing out.

"Ya can't tell me that ya expected her ta rush over, fall to her knees and throw herself into ya arms, can ya? Not after what she saw................"

"Yes, and whose fault is it that she saw those things?" Tyrion growled in reply, as he looked up at Bronn. The sellsword dropping into the other chair at the table. Not too happy that there seemed to be a lack of wine at Casterly Rock.

"Yeah, yeah. And that's why I'm ere. I told ya that I'd tell her those girls were with me. That I'd tell her that it was nothing to do with you. Just leave it ta me. I know how ta deal with women. Before ya know it, she really will be throwing herself into ya arms." Bronn continued, as he placed his boots up on the table. Not noticing that the little lord had just rolled his eyes. Tyrion just beginning to think that dragging the sellsword all the way from Kings Landing, might not have been the best idea. That his way of dealing with woman might work with Baelish's whores, but not necessarily with an angry lioness.

                                                          >>-------------------------------<<

(Y/n) threw open the door to her room. Her body falling on her bed, before she reached for a pillow. Her tears soaking the white linen.

"Mi.........milady." Reben's voice came. (Y/n) forcing the tears away, as she sat up.

"Thank you Reben. If you would just put it on the table for me. I will eat it later." (Y/n) replied quietly, as she saw the old man stood in the doorway with a plate of food.

"I..........I'm sorry Reben. I shouldn't have said those things. Especially not in front of you and Elyse. I would never want to put you in that kind of situation." (Y/n) apologised. Her head dropping into her hands, as the tears began to fall again. The servant placing the plate on the table before making his way over to the bed and hesitantly taking a seat nest to the sobbing lioness. His arm slowly moving to cradle her. The lady's head moving so that it rested on his shoulder.

"Think nothing of it young'un. Ya still love him, don't ya? Even after all these years. Ya still love Tyrion.............?"

"No........I..........I did. But now............not after.............no." (Y/n) sobbed. Reben chuckling to himself at the lioness' protests.

"If ya say so. But whatever has happened between the two of ya, I would say that our little lord still loves ya. I mean, a man wouldn't travel all the way here from Kings Landing ta make sure that ya were alright, if he didn't care, now, would he? Perhaps ya could talk ta him one more time afore ya leave. Give him a chance ta explain himself. Ta fix what happened. It would seem a shame for you two to separate on bad terms. Now, ya try and eat and I'll have Elyse bring ya some wine later." Reben told her. The old man kissing her forehead, before he got to his feet. His thumb brushing the tears away from her cheeks.

"Ya never know, things might actually be a lot different ta what ya think." The retainer added. Giving her a small smile, before he left the room. Leaving (Y/n) to wonder what other possible explanation there could be, for the man that she loved having two naked women in his room. Other than the one she believed.