Ace up the sleeve - Part 1 - Remy LeBeau/Gambit x Reader

I am using the Taylor Kitsch version of Remy as inspiration again. I know that he doesn't have the classic comic book look of Gambit, but I do like how he portrayed the character. And Taylor is very easy on the eye. So, I hope you all enjoy.

Gambit sat at the large table in the main common room with Scott, Logan. (Y/n), Storm, and Hank. Once most of the kids had settled down for the night, the other adults had all reluctantly agreed to play poker with the former master thief, as long as he agreed not to play for money that was. All of them having learned from bitter experience not to play for money with the man that had been dubbed 'le diable blanc', the white devil, by the Antiquary.

"Your turn mon chere." Gambit said, as he smirked across the table at (Y/n). The beautiful female mutant carefully taking another look at her cards.

"I'll call." (Y/n) replied. Her own smirk forming, as she saw the wicked little sparkle in his eyes.

The team were already five rounds in, and Gambit, being Gambit, had won every one. The stack of chips in front of the others already sorely depleted. (Y/n) knew that Gambit could manipulate the cards. That in his own way he was, well to put no finer point on it, cheating. Yet she was still to really work out just how he actually did it. Not that she really cared. It was quite funny watching the ridiculously handsome Cajun make it look like Logan and Scott in particular, were playing Snap in comparison to him. It was fun watching him shuffle and deal the cards in the extraordinary way that he could. But most of all, it was fun just being able to spend time with him.

Since the moment that she had laid eyes on him, (Y/n) had liked the charismatic Remy. There was something about him that she couldn't help but feel drawn to. And it wasn't just the fact that he was beautiful, or that his voice could turn her knees to jelly with just one word. It was more that beneath all that bravado, he had a good heart. A sweet nature. And even though he would hide it from everyone else, whenever they spent time alone together, that side of the former thief would come to the surface. The pair usually ending up laughing, as they tried to trump one another in the ability stakes. But it was when Remy had told her about his past. How he had been stolen from the hospital when he was born by the LeBeau Clan Thieves Guild. The group giving him as tribute to the Antiquary, because of his red eyes. That soon after, he had been placed as a member of Fagan's mob, Remy living on the streets as an orphaned thief, until at the tender age of ten, he had tried to pick the pocket of the then Thieves Guild patriarch, Jean-Luc LeBeau. Who instead of punishing him, had luckily adopted him, and took him in as part of his own family, that (Y/n) knew that she loved the Cajun. And that she never wanted to lose him. That she wanted to be the family that Remy could finally call his own. A family that he would never lose.

"I don't believe it. Every damn time." Logan growled, as he and the others threw their cards onto the table. Remy smiling as he laid his latest winning hand down.

"Sore loser." Remy scoffed, as he reached over and scooped up all the chips. Logan sure that if the cocky Gambit called him a loser one more time. That he would be quite happy to show the card sharp, just how sore he could actually be.

"We could always play from different stakes. Stakes that might make things a little more interesting." Remy added, as he looked at the couple of chips that the large feral mutant still had left in front of him.

"Oh no, we said no money. The last time that you persuaded me to play, it cost me a fortune." Scott interjected. Cyclops taking his chance to grumble about his own losses.

"I wasn't referring to money. I was thinking about something that would take this game to a different level." Remy smiled. (Y/n) shaking her head, having a feeling where the feisty Cajun was going with this.

"Different level? What kind of different level?" Hank asked nervously. The doctor not sure that he liked the sound of whatever Gambit had in mind.

"Strip poker!" Remy announced as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"You lose. Then you remove an article of clothing." Remy continued, as he looked at (Y/n). The thief, unable to stop his heart from beating faster, as he saw her smile.

"Oh, no, no, no. That isn't me. I am afraid that I am going to have to bow out. Anyway, I.......I er...... think that I might have an experiment that needs my attention." Hank quickly declined, as he shot up from the table. A blush of pink on his cheeks, still visible under his blue fuzz.

"I'm afraid I'm out to. I have an early lesson in the morning." Ororo added, as she too got up from the table.

"What about you, Chere? Are you out too?" Remy asked, as he grinned at (Y/n). Hoping that she would decide to stay. Especially given the fact that he had only suggested the stakes so that he could finally get a look at what lay under the jeans and t-shirts that the female mutant would usually wear.

"Out? Me? Not on your life LeBeau. If you think that I am giving up the opportunity to see you, Logan and Scott naked, you have lost your mind." (Y/n) chuckled, as she threw her cards across the table at him. Logan and Scott both knowing that they now had to stay. That given the rivalry between them, neither could be seen to back down.

"(Y/n), are you sure that that is a good idea? I mean............" Ororo began, as she placed her hand on her friend's shoulder.

"Don't worry Orry. Everything will be ok. I have a feeling that things are about to change. And that old Lady Luck, might just come to sit by my side." (Y/n) assured, as she smiled up at the weather manipulator. Storm nodding and placing a kiss to (Y/n)'s cheek.

"Ok. But don't say I didn't warn you." Ororo replied, before she left the room. Just hoping that (Y/n) was right.

"Ok, boys. Don't any of you disappointment me, and chicken out. I would hate to waste a good evening. Because believe me when I say, we aren't leaving here until I've see everything." (Y/n) chuckled, as she wriggled her eyebrows at the three men. The female mutant knowing that despite what they may think. That despite how good Remy was, there was only going to be one winner now. And that would be her. Her little ace up the sleeve, an ace that not even the Cajun knew about, would now come into its own. And soon she would get a glimpse at what truly lay under that silken dark purple shirt that Remy wore so well.