The assassin's soulmates - Gotham - Part 2 - Oswald x Edward x Reader

Apologies for it being just a little shorter then normal. But I hope that the next and final chapter will make up for it. Hope you all enjoy.

"What? Have you completely lost your mind? Everyone knows that you only get the mark for one soulmate. And you two have yours. So, lets cut the crap. If you haven't got a job for me, I'm out of here." The assassin retorted. Turning to make her way back out of the warehouse, only to find her wrist caught by Ed. The leather cuff that covered her mark preventing the Riddler from seeing what he wanted to see. His eyes growing wide, as the assassin produced another gun and pointed it at his head.

"You.........you have another gun?"

"Well, derr! I'm an assassin. You really think I would be dumb enough to only bring one gun when I've been called to a meeting by Oswald? If you hadn't have go so lost in feeling my ass, Ed. You might have actually found this baby. But as you didn't, I would suggest that you let go of my arm, before I use this thing." (Y/n) scoffed, as her finger twitched on the trigger. Tearing her arm away as she felt Ed loosen his grip.

"(Y/n). Please be reasonable. All we want to do is see your mark. Look, I will even show you mine." Oswald interjected. The crime boss slowly moving forward and rolling up his sleeve.

"I don't want to see anything, Oswald. And I told you. I don't have a mark. So, whatever's on your wrist, has nothing to do with me. Now, I'm leaving. And please don't try and stop me again. I really don't want to hurt you or Ed." The assassin retorted, as she backed away. Oswald stopping Ed, as he tried to move forward. The pair having to watch, as she disappeared into the darkness of the warehouse.

"Why did you let her go?" Ed huffed, as he turned his attention to Oswald.

"Because there is no point talking to her at the moment. She wanted to leave, so it was best that we let her. Anyway, she'll be back............"

"And how do you know that................?" Ed retorted, as he followed after his soulmate. Annoyed that Oswald had let (Y/n) go so easily.

"Firstly, I know (Y/n). She gets far too curious, far too intrigued for her own good. And despite her protests, now that the seed has been planted in her mind, she is going to have to know whether what I said, is true or not. She is going to have to know if she is our soulmate. And secondly..........we still have her gun. And she really likes that gun." Oswald explained. Giving Ed a smile, as he climbed into the waiting car.

                                                                  >>--------------------------------<<

(Y/n) looked out onto the city that spread out before her. Up there, on the top of the building that she would always come to when she needed to think, Gotham looked beautiful. The dark gothic buildings lit by hundreds of lights. A strange mixture of Halloween and Christmas. The tall buildings like black trees, covered by the lights that came from the homes that lay within them. The scene giving no hint of the true darkness of the streets. The true darkness of the city.

Since she had left Ed and Oswald, all she had been able to do was think about what Ossie had said. Could it be true. Could he and Ed really be her soulmates? She had to think that she had heard of stranger things. And it was true that she liked both men. That she had always liked both men. Yet even if she was their soulmate, would they actually be happy to have her in their lives. To include her in their relationship. Surely not. So perhaps Oswald wanted to check, so that he could have her eliminated if she was. The once umbrella boy for Fish Mooney, not striking (Y/n) as the kind of guy that liked to share.

Taking a seat on the wall, not seeming to notice the long drop that lay beneath her dangling feet. (Y/n) pulled off the leather guard from her arm and looked at the mark on her wrist. She had to concede that it made perfect sense that the umbrella canopy with a question mark handle, that had always been marked on her skin, could really only mean that Oswald and Ed were her one and onlys. That it meant that all three of them, were just a little bit...........unusual as far as soulmates were concerned. After all, (Y/n) had always prided herself on being unusual. Different. And Oswald and Ed were certainly different, in their own individual ways. So, could it be worth taking a chance? Could it be worth seeing the marks on Oswald and Ed's wrists? Could it be worth putting herself in danger if this was all some ploy by Oswald to get rid of her? (Y/n) taking a deep breath before she decided that it was. For even is she found out that the marks on the two men's wrists weren't anything to do with her, she would at least then know that her real soulmate was out there somewhere, still waiting to meet her. And if the marks did belong to her, then she would be able to see where that could take her. What new adventures could come her way, if she was with the two crime bosses. Yet, she wouldn't know anything, unless she got off the top of this building. Unless she made her way to Ossie's mansion. Plus, Oswald still had her gun. And it was one of her favourites, so she really wanted it back.

Chuckling to herself, (Y/n) swung her legs back around. Standing up, as she secured the strap back around her wrist. Sneaking into the mansion was a lot easier than Oswald would probably like to admit. So, if she made her way there now, Ossie wouldn't have chance to call on his goons, if this whole thing was a trap. And she would be able to find out the truth.