The talking dead - Part 7 - Hank McCoy x Reader

"What the hell.............." Tony began. Instantly becoming quiet, as the assembled X-Men let out a collective "SHHHHHH!" Steve just shrugging at the billionaire before turning his attention back to the screen that everyone else was watching.

"I would suggest that you remain quiet, Mister Stark. Perhaps you may learn a thing or two if you just used your ears instead of letting your mouth do all the work." Hank told him. Glaring at Tony for a moment, before he too got drawn back to the screen. The candle in the middle of the room where (Y/n) and their unwanted guest sat, suddenly reigniting. Allowing the amassed heroes to get a glimpse of what was happening.

                                                         >>---------------------------------<<

"You can open your eyes." (Y/n) continued. The eyes of the body across from her, slowly opening. The man taking a sudden intake of breath, as he saw the woman sat across from him. Doing his best to move but finding that no matter how hard he tried, there was nothing.

"There is no use trying to move. Your body has long since been bereft of life. Rigor mortis has set in, and its effects will not subside until 36 hours after your death. But by then, your soul will be gone. And your body in the ground. I............."

"I.......I'm dead!? What!? You're lying. If I were dead, how could I be breathing. Talking? You've given me something. Some kind of drug. You're with the Avengers, aren't you? I was fighting, and..............."

"I wish I could tell you how many times I have heard the same argument. How many times I have heard the same protests. But despite what you may think, you are most definitely dead, or you and I would not be speaking like this. Your soul is imagining that you are awake. That you have your eyes open, and that you are breathing and talking. But in truth, you are nothing but a corpse sat in a chair in a dark room. You are here because a member of the Avengers killed you in the fight. Because they need information from you, about why Hydra would want to build a base in the Bolivian rainforest. What their plans are. And you see, since your entire cell was killed, their only option for answers, is me. So, you are currently in a room in the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. And you will be answering my questions." (Y/n) informed the man. Shaking her head, as the stubborn man once again tried to move.

"I won't tell you anything. And there is nothing you can do to make me........" The man hissed. His brows furrowing, as the strange yet beautiful woman across from him, slowly got to her feet and made her way over to him. A small chuckle leaving her lips, as she crouched in front of him.

"Why is it that people like you are always so foolish? Always so blind to your plight. I know that it is hard for humans to accept that they are dead. To accept death at all. But accept it or not, you are no more. It is also amusing that you actually think that you have another choice other than to tell me what I want to know. Your fate is sealed. They are already coming for you. So, all I need is just enough time to see into your memories. Your thoughts..........." (Y/n) remarked, as she slowly reached up her hand, and placed her palm on the side of his head.

"What.......what's coming for me? What are you talking about?" The Hydra operative enquired. His eyes now filled with fear, as the woman in front of him smiled an eerie smile.

"The creatures of the dark. The hounds of hell. The devil's envoys. As soon as your body fell to the floor. The last breaths leaving your lungs, they were sent for you. The damned know when a wicked soul has passed, and they cannot wait to get to it. They cannot wait to pick the flesh from your bones. To hear the screams leave your lips, as they pull you down into the dark, fiery abyss. Can you not hear them already? Can you not hear the snapping of their jaws? Their famished groans filling the air. Can you not feel the heat, smell the sulphur? You are hell bound. A place that all souls like yours belong. And there is nothing that you or anyone else can do. Now, you will tell me what I want to know." (Y/n) explained. Her eyes now completely black. His visage no longer human. The man finding himself incapable of doing anything but tell her everything, as he fell into her eyes. The emptiness of her orbs surrounding him.

                                                      >>-------------------------------<<

Hank watched on. He felt utterly helpless. He wanted to be in the room. To help protect her against the creatures that would come for the man. Yet here he was, squashed into a room with other X-Men, and the Avengers. All watching as (Y/n) seemed to speak to herself. The corpse across from her, continuing to just rest there. The doctors heart beating faster, as he watched her rise to her feet, and make her way over to the body. Her hand resting gently on the cold, ashen head of the lifeless man. He knew that soon they would be coming. That (Y/n) was now getting the information that Bruce and the rest of his team needed. And all Hank could do, was hope that it would be worth it.

It was strange. Even though he knew that the creatures were not coming for him, or anyone else in the room, he was sure that just as in the space where (Y/n) was, he could feel the heat. That he could smell sulphur. Hank knowing that at any moment, (Y/n) would have to fight. That she would have to stop the creatures from taking her. For even though she was not a wicked soul, (Y/n) had told him that they desired her. That the darkness would love to consume her and imprison her so that they could use her for their own ends. Hank hating to think what else they might want to use her for. What else (Y/n) hadn't wanted to tell him.

"What the hell.........has someone just cut the cheese? Seriously, can't you see how many of us are in here. You could have gone outside to do that shit. Have some consideration." Tony suddenly remarked, as he sniffed at the air. Every other person in the room turning to look at the billionaire.

"What................?" Tony added. Looking around all the angry faces. Charles placing a hand on Hanks's arm, as he moved. The psychic sensing that if he didn't intercede, it wouldn't end well for the Avenger.

"What you can smell, Mister Stark, is sulphur. The stronger it gets, the closer they are. This is the most dangerous part. So, please.......please be quite until (Y/n) is done." Charles informed the billionaire. Tony still not feeling any more enlightened about what was happening, with what the Professor had said. But given the death stares that even his own team were giving him, he decided that perhaps this was not the best time to say anything else. His eyes growing wide, as they turned back to the monitor, and saw (Y/n)'s form fall to the floor.

                                                        >>-------------------------------<<

"Thank you." (Y/n) told the man, as she finally removed her hand from his head. His eyes wide with horror as he opened them and was greeted by the sight of flames filling the room. The walls around them changed into towering black monoliths that spewed forth molten laver. Lifeless, eyeless faces appearing from the magna. Screaming silent screams.

"This is your fate. There is no way back. Dante's nine circles of hell, are nothing compared to the reality of the horrors that you will suffer for eternity." (Y/n) continued, as she slowly rose to her feet. Her form rising into the air. Great wings growing from her back. A shimmering sword appearing in her hand, as the hordes of darkness came up behind the man. A sickening shriek leaving his lips, as he was dragged backwards into the infernal inferno.

"This time I am ready for you, creatures. This time I have someone to fight for." (Y/n) shouted, as the beings raced on mass towards her. Their nails clawing at the dense air. Their razor sharp teeth biting at the heavy ether. Their screams filling the horrific scene, as (Y/n) brought her blade down upon them.