Night at the Opera - Part 2 - Logan x Charles x Reader

Apologies for going AWOL for a few days. Occasionally I need a mental health day or two. But I'm feeling my normal self again, and I hope you enjoy this latest chapter.

The back of the stage was hectic. Performers, technicians, and stagehands, all milling around doing what they needed to do after the performance. The singers making their way to their dressing rooms to remove their heavy costumes and thick makeup. The technicians stowing away cables or fiddling with buttons and knobs on a large sound desk. The hands pulling unwanted backdrops up into the rafters. The whole scene a little to close and chaotic for Logan. The large feral preferring open spaces. Preferring to see an enemy, if one should come for himself or the professor. But Charles appeared to be in his element. Smiling broadly as people nodded at him.

"Charles!" A voice exclaimed suddenly. The professor placing his hand in Logan's arm as adamantium claws appeared from the feral's fist. The large mutant quickly retracting them as Charles shook his head.

"Its just the director, Logan. No need to worry." Charles assured. Patting Logan's arm before turning his chair so that he could greet the man in return.

"Charles. I am so sorry that I couldn't come and say hello before the performance stared. But you know how it is. There are always last minute disasters that one has to deal with. Always some performer that has a meltdown before they go on stage. And unfortunately, this time, our Papageno decided that he had the worst case of stage fright, imaginable. Luckily, we had the Diva here. She managed to calm him. I swear that lady has been a godsend. Though how you persuaded her to come here from Lisbon, I still don't know. And speaking of the Diva. What did you think of her performance? I thought that it was quite sublime. Not that I expected anything less." The tall, ungainly looking man said. Logan finding himself drifting off, as his eyes scanned the chaos backstage for the beautiful Queen of the Night, that he so desperately wanted to meet.

"Not at all, Gerald. I completely understand. And as far as getting our beautiful Diva to perform is concerned, I am just lucky that (Y/n) and I have known one another for quite a while. I always joked that one day I would have her sing for me in this very venue. And I must say that I could not have asked for better. But I feel that we should get an unbiased opinion. What did you think of our Queen, Logan?" Charles enquired. A soft knowing smile kissing the older man's lips, as the feral shook the thoughts from his mind at the sound of his name.

"What? Who? I, er.............." Logan spluttered, as he looked at the two expectant men.

"Our Queen of the Night, Logan. What did you think of (Y/n)'s performance?" Charles reiterated, as he and the director waited patiently for a reply.

"Oh, yeah. She..........she was alright, I suppose................"

"Alright.............?" The director retorted slightly indignantly, as he looked over at the large men that stood behind Charles. The professor letting out a soft laugh.

"Oh, believe me, Gerald. Logan saying that (Y/n) was alright, is high praise indeed. And I am afraid that that is as good as its going to get. Even for our (Y/n). And speaking of (Y/n), I was hoping that I could possibly see her." The professor continued. The telepath chuckling again, as he heard Logan huff. The feral not really sure that he knew the relevant words to describe how truly amazing he thought the beautiful diva was, even if pushed further.

"I just left her dressing room. She was about to get changed, and she said that she would meet you at our little first night celebration. So, why don't I take you and our, er.......... "alright" friend here, down to the bar as she asked? I am sure that some of the other backers will already be there. I know that they are all desperate to meet (Y/n) themselves. I think that Seamus and Lillian have been able to do nothing but talk about our Diva since they found out that she was coming back to the States. I also know that they were a little upset about not being able to speak with her during rehearsals like you were able to. But I assured them that it was nothing personal. That just like many other artistes, (Y/n) has her own superstitions, and good luck rituals. Thankfully they seemed to accept it. But I doubt that (Y/n) will be allowed to avoid them tonight." Gerald chuckled, gesturing for Charles and Logan to follow him. The three making their way further into the dark depths of the theatre. The director opening a door. The scene turning from a dull, none descript corridor, to a riot of sound and colour. People dressed in suits and gowns, that Logan was sure must have cost the equivalent of six months wages for most people. Each one turning their attention to the men that had just entered. Logan simply glaring back and hoping to goodness that someone would give him a beer.

                                                               >>------------------------------<<

"Logan." Charles said quietly, as he watched Gerald wander off to get the three of them drinks. Smiling to himself as he saw the director get waylaid by several other backers. The professor not needing to be able to read minds to know that there was only one subject on their lips. And that that subject was (Y/n).

"There is something that you need to know about (Y/n)." Charles continued. Logan not needing to be able to read mind either, to know that there was of course something different about the beautiful Diva.

"She's a mutant, right?" Logan interjected. Charles chuckling and nodding in reply.

"What kinda mutant?" The big feral continued.

"Well. As you heardtonight, (Y/n)'s voice is quite the most exquisite sound that you will ever hear.Her vocal range is unmatched. And with that voice, she can make people do, seeand believe exactly what she wants. Before her entrance in act three, theaudience was merely in a theatre, watching a normal opera. But when (Y/n) beganto sing, each and every one of us was transported to the actual place in ourminds. Even you, Logan. We were no longer merely voyeurs but participants. Andthat is what makes (Y/n) so celebrated. The only thing is, that it is not justher singing voice that has that ability, but also just her normal spoken voice.And that is why she didn't speak to any of the other backers. Her abilities arequite powerful, so she always has to be careful about what she says. Even I am susceptibleto her powers, and I am afraid that is why you are here tonight. I happened tomention you in passing, and she was intrigued. So, she asked if I would bringyou to the opening performance. And I am afraid that I was unable to say no. Notthat I would refuse her, even if she had not instructed me to. All I am reallysaying, is that don't be surprised if she doesn't talk right away. Don't thinkanything of it if she pulls out a small notebook and scribbles messages in it. Ihave a feeling that our Diva wishes to get to know you, without enchanting youtoo much." Charles explained. He and Logan turning around to see what was goingon, as the now much bigger crowd around them suddenly fell silent. The bigferal finding himself growling lustfully under his breath, as his eyes fell onthe woman that he had wanted to meet since she had stepped foot on the stage. Ashis eyes fell on the Diva. On the Queen of the Night.