Starry, starry night - GoT - Part 13 - Tyrion x Reader

To say that Tyrion was hungover, would be an understatement. He knew that he should have stopped drinking when he had realised that (Y/n) could possibly be making her way to Casterly Rock. Yet in his already drunken state, he and Bronn had both decided that they should celebrate the fact that they might know where to start looking for his cousin. Much to Tywin's chagrin of course. The old lion simply telling his son that he had better do something to fix the situation, or he needn't bother returning from their ancestral home, before storming out of Tyrion's rooms. So, a full day in the saddle was the last thing that he needed. But he had to make sure that he was right. That (Y/n) had actually thought to head for Lannisport. That she had wanted to see the place that they had both been so happy together, in their youth. Before things had all changed for the worse.

"She's got a fair start on us. By tha time we get ta Lannisport, she could already be gone." Bronn suddenly said. The words finally having formulated in his own heavy mind. The sellsword hoping that they would be able to stop off at a tavern or inn very soon, and he would be able to get another drink.

"That's true. But........but in a few days' time it is the anniversary of when she was taken from me. I think that (Y/n) will want to stay at Casterly Rock for that, before she makes her way home. Yet it is not the possibility of her not still being at the castle that has me concerned. It is more that (Y/n) is on her own in this world. It is not a safe place for even the strongest and world wise of people. So, for (Y/n), I can only imagine. I just hope that we will not find her in a ditch on the side of the road somewhere." Tyrion explained with a heavy sigh. Doing his best to fight off the awful images that had now sprung to his befuddled mind. The little lion not sure what he would do if they did come across (Y/n) in such a state.

"Ya sure ya not underestimating ya cousin?" Bronn asked. Tyrion turning to look at him. His brows furrowed. Hoping for further clarification.

"Ya all seem ta think that ya cousin knows nothin. That she's this delicate little flower. But ya forget..........she's a Lannister. She has teeth and claws like tha rest a ya. And she ain't a fool. I'm pretty sure that she could talk er way out of anything." Bronn expounded. As he, Tyrion and a few of the Lannister bannermen continued on their way. The great city of Kings Landing now some way behind them.

Tyrion had to admit that Bronn might have something. Even though (Y/n) had been kept away from the world. Even though she was naïve to the full horrors that really lay beyond the walls of her little home. The walls of the great castles and the comfort that her status afforded her. Under that beautiful, flawless skin, lay the beating heart of a lioness. And even though she was not like the rest of them, Tyrion was sure that if she needed to be, (Y/n) could be as fearsome as any other that shared their name. That she could use her claws to kill, as easily as the rest of them, if there was no other way. Yet that did not ease his fears. The roads and villages between Kings Landing and Lannisport were not lacking dangers. There were always groups of roaming bandits. Thieves and murderers. Men that would be more than happy to not only rob, but do worse things to a lone woman, if they should come across her. So, despite his rather fragile state, he geed on his horse. Bronn groaning as he watched the little lord race away, closely followed by the bannermen. The sellsword just hoping that if he did quicken his pace, it would mean that he got to a tavern sooner.

                                                               >>----------------------------<<

(Y/n) had stopped as she had reached the outskirts of the port city. A city that she had last seen when she was nothing but a slip of a girl. It had taken her longer than she realised it would, to get back to the place that she had once seen as a second home. A place that she had once cared so much about, because it was where the boy that she loved had resided. And as Hildy had informed her, the roads between the two great cities had been filled with more dangers than she had anticipated. But even in a violent and dangerous world, the right amount of gold could get you anywhere. And as a Lannister, she always had the right amount of gold. That, and she had always prided herself on her ability to talk to anyone. (Y/n) never really minding whether a person was low or high born. In her eyes, all deserved the same courtesy. And that was why she had found herself safely at the border of Lannisport. Yet as she had sat on her mount, looking at the scene in front of her, she had begun to question herself. To question her real motives for coming to the city. The place where all her pain and heartache had begun. But, as she taken a deep breath and nudged her horse forward, she had begun to think that if this was the place that the pain had begun, then what place better to have it end?

During the journey from Kings Landing, (Y/n) had done nothing but think about Tyrion, despite how much she didn't want to. About all the things that her father had told her about his reputation, over the years. About the two naked women in his chambers. (Y/n) growing more and more angry at him. More and more angry at herself. Cursing her heart. Cursing the gods. And now, as she and her horse made their way through the unusually quiet streets of the city. The port's residence hiding from the heavy rain that had been falling from the sky since she had made her way from the outskirts. (Y/n) knew that this really was the last place that she wanted to see before she made her way home. The last place before she saw nothing but her own little kingdom for the rest of her days. That she wanted to look up into the night sky and see the same stars that she and Tyrion had looked up at all those years before. To experience the same starry night that had caused her all those years of loneliness. The lioness hoping that if she was there, at the same time, on the same night. The stars and moon might just take pity on her and help her forget Tyrion.