19. The Hot Guy

"Let's just go." She walks further, still not confident enough. I chuckle and go further too, to walk beside her, with her.

"So there are three hindu temples in here, do you want to go visit them?" I ask her with curiosity as I wanted to visit there too.

"Yeah, let's go there." She agrees and I smile, looking down at the ground.

As we keep walking, after a few minutes, a monkey suddenly attacks Iris and she starts to panick. The monkey climbs on her shoulders and she calls my name with a terrified voice.

I look into her eyes and hold both of her hands with mine, making sure we do not run, touch or make eye contact with the monkey. "Don't worry, I'm here. Just look into my eyes." She does as I tell and the monkey starts touching her cheeks, while it is still in her shoulder, making her panick even more. I smile at how panicked she looks and she changes her expression into an angered one.

"You dare to smile when I'm scared, Austin?" She widens her panicked eyes, biting her lower lip and I shake my head, still smiling while looking into her eyes. She's adorable. "Are you fucking serious, Aus-" The monkey instantly jumps down onto the ground and walks away. I start to chuckle a bit loudly, without meaning it and she looks at me with an annoyed face.

"I'm sorry." I let go one of her hand but still hold onto the other one and turn around to continue laughing at her adorable expressions.

"You told me you'd protect me," She hits my shoulder. "Is smiling your way of protection?"

I stop chuckling and look back at her with a smile, that she doesn't wants to see right now. "I'm sorry, you were irresistibly cute." I press a kiss on her right cheek and we both freeze at my reckless behaviour, looking at each other with widened eyes. I quickly look away and bite my inner cheek, "I'm sorry about that one too." I do not let go of her hand yet, not wanting to.

"That's okay." She tightens her hold onto my hand and I look back at her with surprise. "I'm scared." I nod after processing her words after a second and look away again, feeling happy that she is fine with holding hands with me but only because she's scared, which doesn't matter to me right now. "And next time, when a monkey suddenly hops onto me, don't smile." I chuckle yet again and nod at her words.

We get inside one of the Hindu temple and pray to the god while we're in there like other people did and sit in a corner after praying like everyone else did.

"This is beautiful." She admires the temple.

"I agree." I nod while looking at the beautiful, detailed infrastructure of the temple's building, the calmness this environment provides. This is perfect.

We keep looking at the scenery and I glance at her just to notice that she's looking at some man, who's praying inside the temple.

"What are you looking at?" I ask her innocently, playing dumb but raging inside.

"He's hot." She doesn't take her eyes off of him and I look back at the only guy that is in the direction of her gaze.

"Seriously?" I frown, "He and hot are not compatible." I state facts and she shakes her head.

"You probably feel that way because you're straight and I feel he's hot because I'm straight." She smiles and I show my disgusted face to her. "Come on, he's hot enough for a woman." She says, hitting my shoulder with no strength, and I look back at him, who's praying to the god with what looks like deep sincerity.