14. Our First Date

Iris

"Let's go on a date tomorrow, please." Austin murmurs with a puppy look on his face.

I do not process his words right away, as my attention was on how his words came out with his soft voice and how cute he looks right now, in the dim lights. My hormones were definitely acting up.

Without realising, I keep on staring at his lips until he calls my name again with his soft voice. His soft murmuring voice. Damn. I'm going insane. The short distance between us wasn't helping at all.

"Iris?" he calls me again for the third time which makes me take my eyes off his lips and lands on his eyes. I never knew his eyes looked this beautiful. It seemed like he carried a galaxy inside those eyes, making me wish I could dive in it and explore his inner self. It felt like I was looking at him for the first time.

I was definitely lost. Lost in his eyes until he puts his hand on my shoulder and calls my name again, but this time with his usual voice and no murmuring.

"Yeah?" I reply finally.

"Are you gonna come out with me tomorrow?" He asks, raising his eyebrows with his doe eyes.

"Yeah, I will." I say, taking my eyes off of him and look back at the ceiling. "I can't keep staying in the room everyday after all."

"I'm glad." He says with a happy tone but I resist myself to look at his face again.

But, why was he glad? Is he glad that I'm going out with him? Why would he be? It's not like we even know each other well. What does he actually mean by "I'm glad."?

Wait! Why am I overthinking? Why am I getting so bothered about this? He might've just said it because he didn't know what else to say. It's probably just empty words.

I start getting angry at myself for getting this bothered. I look at him with a slightly angered face while he had his eyes closed, peacefully.

I should stop analysing his behavior and words. It doesn't and shouldn't matter to me. I close my eyes while distracting my thoughts.

Saturday, 5th October, 2019
7:00 a.m

I open my eyes slowly when I hear my alarm ringing and realise that we were hugging each other while sleeping. I was buried in his chest and it felt warm to be in his embrace.

He starts moving as the alarm doesn't stop ringing. I break the hug soon and reach my phone to dismiss the alarm. I look back at him and find him stretching his arms above his head with his eyes closed tight.

"What's the time?" He asks with his raspy voice.

"Seven."

He opens his eyes wide and looks at my eyes, which were staring at his'.

"I'll use the bathroom first." He says and rushes into the bathroom.

10:35 a.m

After we got ready, taking turns to use the room to take bath and getting stuffs done, we check out of the room to go on our date.

He insisted on going to the place I would choose but I couldn't care any less as to where we would go and so I left the choosing part to him.

We go downstairs to the restaurant before going out as I was way too hungry to function normally.

"Iris, do you like crowdy places or quiet places?" Austin raises a question looking at his phone while both of us are eating our breakfast.