38. Happiness

Austin

"I love you too." She returns those beautiful words to me with an adorable smile, making my heart very warm as it beats at a faster rate from the happiness I'm feeling right now.

I go closer to her and hold her jawline with my right hand and bring our faces near as we fall into each other's eyes. This eye contact making me lose my mind in a way that I wished for. I reach even more closer and the tips of our noses comes into contact as we still don't break this meaningful eye contact.

"Can I?" I ask her as she nods, still in my hold, as we dive into each other's eyes even more, wanting to drown in them. I go forward and touch her soft lips with mine again and she closes her eyes, breaking the eye contact as I do the same to enjoy this moment, filled with so much love and emotions that makes me feel more than good.

My phone starts to ring to which Iris pulls out of the kiss but I just stay in the place I was and stare at her, disappointed that we broke the kiss. She points at my pocket but she doesn't return back my gaze. I chuckle at how her cheeks are red and how shy she is to just look back into my eyes. She's adorable.

I take my phone out of my pocket and pick the call that disturbed our moment.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU INFORM US YOU GUYS WERE COMING BACK TODAY?" Henry shouts as soon as I pick his call, making me take the phone away from my ears, not withstanding the loudness of his voice but soon chuckle and bring it back to my ears.

"SURPRISE!" I shout back in excitement and startle Iris too, unintentionally, to which I mouth a 'sorry' to her and she shakes her head with a smile, indicating that it was fine. I smile back at her but she looks away, trying hard to not show how shy she is right now. Cute.

"You, little brat, my ears almost went numb." He complains like he did not just attempt to make me deaf. I chuckle, not wanting to argue about it. "Anyhow, I missed you. That's all. Bye."

"Wait!" I voice out before he could cut the call. "I missed you too but how did you know I was back?"

"I saw your grandma's recent post just now. She's rocking on the social media, man." He exclaims and I smile, knowing how much she is enjoying it after I insisted that she should post about herself on the media too, which she kept on avoiding due to some nonsense reasons.

"I know right." I rub my thighs with a smile because of how happy I am right now. "But, why are you still awake?" I look at my watch, the small handle pointing at four.

"I woke up just a few minutes back," He says while yawning. "Because I slept too early last night and now I really want to pee so, bye." He cuts the call, without letting me speak anymore. I snort and put back my phone where it was earlier and look back at Iris, who is lost while staring outside the window.

I do not disturb her and just look at her pretty side view as she is immersed in her thoughts while I'm immersed in her.

After a few seconds, she realises that I'm not on the call anymore as she looks at me and we both lock our eyes. "Should we?" She points at the road.

"Aren't you tired being awake until now?" I realise that I was thoughtless about her sleep.

"No. I'm full of energy just by looking at you." Gosh, my heart just skipped few beats at her words and I feel like kissing her again but I hold back, doubting that I might overwhelm her in a bad way.

"It worked." I raise my eyebrows, having a proud expression. "You're getting better at being cheesy."

Her lips curve up in an instance, her eyes showing that she's happy and she breaks the eye contact, looking forward with a happy expression, making me happy. "I told you that I'll prove it to you." She flips her hair, getting really proud about it.