10. Truth Reveal

"Wanna watch Netflix with me?"

"Well, okay." She says after a long pause.

I nod with a smile and we both head to the living room just to realise that there wasn't a couch or a comfortable chair for us to sit on and watch the TV.

"It's probably gonna be uncomfortable to watch the TV without couch." I say to which she agrees by nodding.

"How about we go on a walk outside?" I ask her again.

"Sure. I'd love that." She says with excitement which makes my lips curl up.

"Get your jacket, I'll get mine." I say, to which we both leave the living room.

We both keep walking down an unfamiliar street, not sharing a word but enjoying the night's silence until two men walk in the opposite direction of us, from the other side of the street.

They keep staring at us and I stare back at them with a frown on my face, not liking the way they keep gawking at us, especially Iris.

I hold her hand and keep her close to me, to make sure she feels safe with me and they just walk away. As they're gone out of our sight, she takes her hand away from my hold and I look at her.

"Can we just get back home? I'm tired." She sighs and I nod.

"I'm sorry about holding your hand without your permission. I just wanted to make you feel safe." I justify my actions, incase she felt uncomfortable by it.

"It's okay, thank you." I nod at her words and we turn around to walk back home.

"Do you wanna go on a late night drive or something, or you wanna sleep?" I ask her because I didn't want us to get back on the same bed with awkwardness.

"I prefer a late night drive." She says the answer that I expected and wished.

"I'll drive." I say and she nods.

We reach to our house in few minutes as we hadn't walked too far away and I get inside the house to get my car key while she prefers to wait outside till I get them.

I hurry up to get my car key and come outside, where she is waiting. I unlock the car and we both get inside.

I keep driving with no destination and glance at Iris, who's looking outside the window as her hair flies back due to the air. I look forward, not wanting to get caught at staring her.

If the housekeeper gets to know that we sneaked out, she's definitely going to inform that my grandma but I couldn't care any less.

After a few minutes, I realise that Iris was actually sleeping and I stop the car. I put in the location of our new house to get us back there because I didn't want to drive any more because of the tiredness that is engulfing me.

I park the car where it was earlier but do not bother to wake Iris up. I just drift to sleep in the car itself as it is less awkward to sleep together in the same car than to sleep together on the same bed.

7:48 a.m

I wake up to my phone ringing and look at Iris, who is also coming back to her consciousness. I take out my phone from my pocket and look at the caller ID which was unknown. I pick up the call hesitantly.

"Hello?"

"Where are you Austin?" It sounded like a lady's voice which I was familiar with but couldn't make it out. "Where is Iris? Is she with you?" I look at Iris who was looking at me.

"I'm sorry but, who is this?" I ask.

"I'm Caroline."

I'm pretty sure I do not know anyone named as Caroline and she even knew about Iris which made me even more confused.