𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

"What do you think professor Bitch? Is the gear we got yesterday awesome or what?" Kurahashi asked.

  "Right? Mr. K sure knows how to kick it up a notch."

  "FYI, I had a teeny input on the overall design. For which, you're welcome!" professor Bitch rolled her eyes. "That oaf wanted the same design for the whole class."

  "It's cute.. Just not super functional."

  "Who cares about 'functional'? The guys look like the Avenger's janitor or something, no thanks. Ours are worlds better," you added.

  "At least one of your teachers understands women, blockhead couldn't even be bothered to get me a present," professor Bitch said as she walked off.

  "Oh no of course! October tenth was four days ago!" Yada said.

  "You guys seriously all forgot?" You asked with a sigh.

  "Oh yeah? What'd you do?"

  "Card and favourite candy, duh."

And right about then is when the class came up with a plan. You, Karma, Kayano, Nagisa, Sugino, Okuda and Kanzaki would go find a gift from the class for your English teacher while everyone else kept her distracted.

You've noticed a certain way Okuda looked at Karma. 'Don't worry about it, (Y/N), Okuda isn't all that social, she just thinks Karma's a good friend,' is the type of bullshit you'd hear a lot whenever you'd try to bring it up around someone. You made sure you were always in physical contact with Karma when she was around, you'd even call him pet names and give him extra kisses just to piss her off.

Your arm was linked with Karma's and your head rested on his shoulder, he rested his head on top of yours. You were all brainstorming about what you could get a woman who practically had everything she had ever desired, from 'ex-boyfriends', sugar daddies, just any rich old man she had to take out, literally. Thankfully, the flower salesman who had watched the accident with the old man suggested buying roses from him.

  "How come you never get me roses?" You asked Karma as Nagisa paid the man.

  "Because I know you'd kill them within ten minutes of receiving them somehow."

And just like that, you found another opening to flex that Karma was yours to Okuda. All you had to do was fake a frown.

  "Huh..? No, no that was just a joke! You want roses? I'll buy all the ones this guy's got," you stopped him before he approached the salesman.

  "Don't worry about it, just maybe for my birthday or something!"

  "Noted."

You glanced over at Okuda, who was forcing her attention away from you and Karma. Sure it sounds 'mean', but the jealous look on her face filled you with nothing but joy, it really reminded you of just how much you loved Karma. You used the fear he had of making you sad to your advantage and you regretted nothing.

  Once you all got back to the school, you made your way to the teacher's lounge where Mr. Karasuma was working.

  "It's a lovely gesture and all, but why me?" He asked as Nagisa tried to hand him the flowers, Sugino had just explained that he had to give them to professor Bitch.

  "Good question! We paid for it, why can't we get the credit?" You asked.

  "Because it'll mean more from him, you know, for obvious reasons," Kayano whispered to you.

  "Mr. K, please, look at it this way," Karma started. "Professor Bitch is a vital asset to the mission. All in a day's work, sir. Winning over your colleagues can only help things, right? Ha, just let her think they're from you, cool?"

  "I see your point. Very well, I'll do it. Thanks for your dedication," your teacher finally agreed.

  "Nice job," you whispered to Karma before kissing his cheek. He gave a small smile in return.

You all ran outside and hid near the window by the teacher's lounge. You were all in awe watching the two until Karasuma finally screwed it up.

  "Holy shit, he really is a square," you whispered loud enough for everyone around you to hear.

  "Tell me about it, professor Bitch looks like she wants to scream in his face," Kayano replied. After she said that, the window slid open. There was professor Bitch.

  "Oh.. Hey there," Nakamura smiled awkwardly.

  "You enjoy yourselves? Stringing me along so you can watch a pro-assassin get her pathetic little hopes up?"

  "That's not the case at all, Miss Irina! The children's intentions were utterly p-" Koro-Sensei tried to defend you all.

  "Save it, Octorazzi!" Was the last thing she said before walking away.

After that, professor Bitch essentially disappeared. Three days and there was no sign of her.

  "Hey.. You okay? Want roses or something?" Karma asked jokingly. Your head was resting on your desk, he stroked your hair.

  "I'm okay, I just feel bad for professor Bitch."

  "Yeah, you two were getting along, weren't you?" You replied to that with a nod, he pulled you into a hug.

  "Say what you want about Karma, but you gotta admit he's a pretty good boyfriend," Nakamura said to Kurahashi.

  "Yeah they just kinda click, don't they, like a puzzle or something!" Kurahashi replied cheerfully.

  "Come on guys, let them be," Okuda said.

  "Buzzkill.."

[ a/n ]

TWO THINGS !! One, I added a DNI list to my bio ! I know that not everyone will but I do ask you to please respect it, if you have any questions about it lmk !! And two, since this book is what I'd say just over half way complete I wanted to ask what some of you would be more interested in reading.

A) Kaehehara Kazuha x Reader (Genshin - high school AU)

B) Peter Parker x Reader - follows the animated spiderman series from 2017 because I like cartoons 😭