𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

"Oh, sexy guy, it's a miracle!" Yup, that was your English lesson. "See? It's simple. Icebreakers like this guarantee a good first impression. Now, I'm sure we all know someone who's absolute crap with small talk."

You looked at Karma immediately, his response was just flipping you off.

  "Kimura, throw me an icebreaker! Quick!"

  "Uh, hey there?"

  "No, no!" Professor bitch made an 'x' shape with her fingers. "You're just shifting the burden of conversation. If you want a meaningful response the other person has to feel that you're pulling your own weight. Try coming at them, guns blazing with an interesting observation."

  "Okay?"

  "..Just let the conversation flow! Finesse it like a full-tongue kiss."

  "She worded that real nicely, huh?" Karma whispered to you teasingly.

  "You need to shut the fuck up," you whispered back.

***

  You were walking with Nagisa, Sugino and Karma of course. Hugging his arm and resting your head on his shoulder as you all walked.

  "Ah! The crappy weather is finally over!" Sugino sighed in relief.

  "It's gonna get hot soon," Nagisa replied.

  "Let's start spreading more time outside. I wanna be more active."

  "Sounds good, you know I'm game."

  "What would you guys say to some fishing?" Karma asked.

  "Fishing? That sounds like it'd be fun, what's in season?"

  "In the summer months, delinquents are out in droves. Use Nagisa as bait and there's no limit to how many of the bastards we can shake down!"

  "I didn't realise delinquents have a season.."

  "Is that seriously what you do in the summer when you tell me you're gonna run to the store?!"

  "Uh, yeah. Didn't you wonder why I never came back with groceries and only returned with more money..?"

  "You two really sound like a married couple sometimes, like you live together or something," Sugino added.

  "She basically does live with me during the summer. Never knows when to go home," he sighed.

  "Don't pretend like you don't enjoy the company! You were texting me all day everyday for a week when your parents made you go to France with them last summer!"

  "Yeah okay, your company is very nice. Whatever," he rolled his eyes jokingly.

The four of you continued talking until you reached the baseball field. Sugino stopped and looked at the practice.

  "Hey, hey! Look who it is! Long time no see, Sugino!"

  "Woah!"

  "Check it out guys!"

  "Sugino!"

  "Well looks like someone's popular," you said.

  "Way to never come by and say hello to your old teammates."

  "Yeah, I know, I suck," Sugino chuckled.

The group continued talking for a while you, Karma and Nagisa stayed to the side.

  A couple days later you had to go up against the girls basketball team.

  "(Y/N), COME ON, DON'T JUST STAND THERE!" Nakamura yelled from across the court.