The Morning After

Disclaimer: I do not own the anime or manga Inuyasha. The characters of Inuyasha are not mine; they are property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. No money is made on my part. All OCs are mine

The Morning After

“What does this mean?” Augusta said shaking the paper in her hand.

“She attacked Katashi and has disappeared.” Sesshomaru commented.

“I can read Sesshomaru, what I mean is that we have no idea where she is?” she snapped at her mate.

Lord Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes and clenched his fist. He had no idea where his heir was and the reports from Sheng were that she was severely injured. He had sent the Manchu Lord packing himself and used gentle persuasion to the Chinese inu so that he would not return; Tokijin still was stained with his blood. Fury overcame the Western Lord and the concern of father was weighing the Lord of the Inu. His mate was grating on his nerves as well; she was acting the role of mother perfectly.

“Augusta, every available resource and youkai is searching for her.” He said with clenched teeth.

“If it is all the same to you, I intend to look for her myself. She has been shutting Sheng and I both out and I am worried.” His mate declared.

He stared at her as though she had grown two heads and shook his head no. She came right up and stuck her face to his.

“Do not tell me no. She is my daughter too and she is suffering. For Kami sake Sesshomaru.” She admonished him.

“Do not speak as if this Sesshomaru does not wish for his heir to be found!” he snarled.

“Cut out the third person crap Sesshomaru. I have been mated to you for over a century and you

do not intimidate me. Remember to whom you speak.” She snapped back.

“You forget yourself.” He hissed.

“No it is you who forgets himself. Do you have any real clue what burdens that girl has been carrying? She tries to live up to some standard she thinks you would have of her and she feels like a failure. She feels unworthy of this Sesshomaru.” Augusta said in anger.

Sesshomaru stared at Augusta and was speechless. His mate had a hot temper but the worry in her features actually had him filled with dread.

“You think she was actually trying to attempt something as ridiculous as seppuku?” he asked his eyes widening a fraction.

“Do you really think with the training of the 'Killing Perfection' that Katashi would have truly bested her?” she pointed out.

“We leave immediately.” He said standing abruptly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I stretched lazily on the futon and discovered Naraku still slept next to me. I peered at his neck and there were my fang marks starting to heal. His pale flesh was a perfect backdrop for the mark itself. I knew he must have bedded other female youkai but he obviously did not know all the subtleties of youkai mating. Each species was a little different but inu were pretty straight forward; mark your intended and they were yours. I wondered if he had been with ningen onna as well and my dwelling on past partners angered my primal self whilst my conscious mind cared not one bit. I sighed and he stirred.

“You slept next to me all night.” I observed.

“It felt right. Besides I was too exhausted to move.” He commented back.