Lessons in History and the Past

Disclaimer: I do not own the anime or manga Inuyasha. The characters of Inuyasha are not mine; they are property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I make no monies from the writing of this fan fiction. All original characters are mine.

“…” talking

-…- pathing

Lessons in History and the Past

The scent of tears was heavy in the room. I dragged myself from the bed and went by the window. We had been at the Summer Palace for over a week. The palace servants were perplexed by my melancholy. My mother was actively searching for the mole but she kept a low profile. She was so generous and sweet, the servants and retainers opened up to her. I would every so often force the brew that enabled me to keep down food. My mother would brush against my mind just to strengthen me. I could see the worry on Jun's face every time she would inquire after me. She reminded me of Mayu and I would muster a weak smile. The pain in my chest was ever present and it weighed heavily. I kept a vigil by the window and searched the horizon for my errant mate. My mother breezed into the room and picked up brush and started to run it through my hair. She would do this when I was upset as a pup and it still calmed me.

“I do not know why you have not sent that bitch Xiu Jaun packing.” She commented as she plaited my hair.

“I despise her sister Annchi more.” I said hollowly.

“Why is that? She is sweet.” My mother asked in surprise.

“She desires Sheng as her mate. She has given herself to him numerous times.” I said.

“I see. Well despise her then but remember he chose you.” She said calmly.

“No, he left me.” I said angry.

“Hush now. Your pups will be able to soon feel your emotions.” She stated soothingly.

I looked up from my self pity.

“Have you masked our presence heavily?” I asked raising my brow.

“Oh hai. No one would know we were here.” She said laughing.

“He comes.” I said standing.

I went to the window again and saw him on the outskirts of the grounds. I also saw Annchi heading towards him. He was reading correspondence, he enjoyed reading immensely and he was deep into the letter.

“I swear I will kill the bitch!” I seethed.

“Go to him but keep your aura masked.” She commanded.

I stealthily moved through the palace and made my way to the garden where he would have to pass. Annchi was there already and she had a smile on her pretty face. I could not help the change in my eyes. She was unknowingly challenging me and my beast wanted to rip her limb from limb.