Of Brothers and Mates

Disclaimer: I do not own the anime or manga Inuyasha. The characters of Inuyasha are not mine; they are property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. No money is made on my part. All OCs are mine.

Of Brothers and Mates

Father and I were back to back fighting a horde of Tsuchigumo youkai. My thoughts drifted briefly on Naraku and I released a huge amount of yoki through my fang that threw me back into my father.

“Keep your power focused daughter!” he commanded.

“Hai!” I yelled.

The arachnids were surrounding us and I stepped forward and yelled. A huge surge of yoki again was released but this time I killed three. I released my Dakkasou and burned a rather large one. It screamed and spewed its venom at me. I quickly produced a barrier to protect myself and my father pulled Bakusaiga and sent a powerful blast that decimated the main contingent of Tsuchigumo. I stepped from his side and followed Bakusaiga's blast with one of my fang. The arachnids were destroyed. My chest was heaving from using so much yoki and my father looked down at me.

“You have to channel tighter and with more control; if not your own power could kill you.” He said emotionlessly.

“It is not like Bakusaiga Father. This is your fang not mine. I am learning to channel through your power.” I seethed.

“My fang is your fang Asuna. I passed my power to you through virtue of birth, use it!” he snapped.

“We beat them did we not?” I snapped back.

“Control your tongue.” He commanded.

I was furious at him for admonishing me but knew he was right.

“Hai. I am sorry for speaking to you as such.” I said softly and bowed.

“You are still young. I am proud of what you have accomplished thus far. Your fang has no name as of yet but it will.” He said putting a hand on my shoulder.

“Are you still going to have a fang commissioned for Youshiro?” I asked as we left the field of battle.

“Hai. He shows promise and is very impatient to learn.” He said.

“Did you want us, the three of us I mean?” I asked.

“That is an ignorant question.” He replied.

“Is it? Osamu sees the inside of a dojo rarely and he seems castigated much.” I said quietly.

“Your twin is difficult to say the least but it does not mean I do not care for my pups!” he growled.