In the Aftermath

Disclaimer: The characters of Inuyasha are not mine; they are property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. All original characters are mine. I make no money from this writing.

In the Aftermath

Katashi entered his chambers in a fury. He looked around and growled.

"Why in the heavens did I come to this accursed place? That heartless bitch." He snarled.

"Sheng!" he called in a temper.

His friend and advisor came in from the adjoining room and stared at his Lord in confusion.

"My Lord." He said bowing.

"Stop with all the formality Sheng! I am in need of sake and your advice my friend."

Sheng called for a servant and ordered sake. A young inu scurried out and came back a few minutes later with a tray of sake. It was placed on a low table and the servant left. Katashi sat next to the low table and grabbed one of the small cups and filled it with the fiery liquid and downed it.

"I rutted with her." He stated.

"You what?" Sheng asked in surprise.

"I went to her rooms to talk reason with her. She had just come back from bathing and her scent was intoxicating. I hate my damn instincts; I only meant to taste her. She is wild and passionate, so unlike her outward persona." He said sighing.

"She is not cold while rutting?" Sheng asked shocked.

"She was pure. She had never been touched by a male." He said

"Katashi, what if she is pupped? You marked her, right?" Sheng sighed.

Katashi poured himself another cup of the sake and downed it. He looked bitter and looked Sheng directly in the eye.

"She stopped me. I will be damned if I will not claim that bitch as mine. I will kill any other that would try and touch her." Katashi snarled.

"Are you still going to go through this ridiculous contest tomorrow?" he asked.

"I have no choice. I need allies to face the growing threat from the Chinese and those Mongol bastards. It still surprises me that youkai would ally themselves with ningen against us." Katashi stated.

"Katashi, what if she is pupped?" Sheng asked in concern

"Do you honestly think I will hurt her, pupped or not?" He growled.

"How are you going to avoid it? This is supposed to be a bloody brawl." he commented.

"I am going to lay down rules before hand. Her father may be a block of ice but I have heard he is honorable. HE is the ruling lord and not her. She will have no choice but to obey his will. Kami Sheng, my beast is screaming to be joined with her again to finish marking her." He said pouring and downing another cup of sake.

"Katashi my friend…you are treading dangerous ground." He said.

"I know it. I wish I had not caught her scent a week ago, it has been a plague ever since."

"They are not like us Katashi. We actually love our pups and mates. I wonder if this is why your father left."

"Sheng, I have no idea why. I know I never wanted to rule. I know that I hate the Chinese and I will protect my lands from them. I wish I knew exactly what went through the great Tekeshi's mind twenty centuries ago. Bah! I need sleep. Thank you for your ear my friend!" Katashi espoused.