Traveling and Encountering the Enemy

Disclaimer: The characters of Inuyasha are not mine; they are property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I make no money from these writings and all original characters are mine.

Traveling and Encountering the Enemy

I had hurt him and I could not deal with the guilt. I never had to feel guilty about anything and I truly had no idea how to handle it. We would be in Niigata tomorrow and aboard ship for about three days. I had to make a truce with him or I was going to go mad with the guilt. I brought down my barrier and went back into the encampment. I allowed myself to feel his aura and I tracked him down quickly. He was with his advisor Sheng and it looked as if they were partaking of sake. I stood about twenty feet away and stared at him. The soldiers had put up large tents to act as barracks and shelter. Katashi was sitting outside an opulent tent. He had changed and was in a black yukata, I realized that he favored that color. My heart was wrenching and I raised my head and went before him.

"We will speak." I said.

"There is nothing left to say my Lady. If you care to sit and have some of your father's wonderful vintage, then by all means sit." He slurred.

"You are drunk." I stated flatly.

"Yes, yes I am. I intend to get drunker still. Sit please." He said sweeping his arm in an arc.

I stared frigidly at Sheng and he stared at me with contempt.

"Remove yourself now!" I thundered at Sheng.

Katashi straightened and looked quite angry. I turned my glare at him and he shook his back and forth. I raised my claw and slashed Sheng's face. He stood to defend himself and Katashi stood between us.

"These youkai may be your people but Sheng is mine. Do not ever raise arms or claw against him ever!" He yelled.

"I told him to leave. Amongst my brethren he will obey or he will die." I stated with venom.

"Sheng, please leave so that I may speak with the West's bitch." He said insulting me.

I could feel the ire of my youkai subjects around me. Sheng stared at me as if he wanted me dead and I stared straight through him.

"I wish to speak to you alone." I asked Katashi in a low voice.

"Why not here, Lady Asuna." He stated as if my name were poison.

"Fine then." I seethed.

"Speak onna. You speak well." He slurred again.

"Yuudai." I yelled.

"Hai my Lady." He bowed as he came forward.

"Assist Lord Katashi into the tent." I commanded.

"Hai." Yuudai answered.

"Do not touch me if you wish to continue to breathe." Katashi snarled.

"Then remove yourself into the tent Lord Katashi." I stated.

Katashi growled fiercely but did as I bade. He moved inside of the tent and I followed. I put up a barrier to give a little privacy, as I was not used to my private affairs being so public. I moved behind him and moved his raven hair off his shoulder and bared his mating mark. He tried to flinch away from me but I lowered my lips to the marred flesh and sucked and licked at it. He growled but I continued with my ministrations.

"I apologize. I am regretful of my words." I murmured against his skin.

My beast was purring at the contact. He continued to flinch but I held onto him.