39* A String of Coincidences

Happy birthday to a reader that has always been there from the beginning  Don_chizzy ❤️✨ love you just a tiny winy bit sha 😒

So if you're in my group, you'll notice that I changed the title of this chapter, this isn't the title I sent to the group earlier this week. What was going to lead up to that title didn't end up happening in this chapter so I'm saving that title for the chapter where it'll finally happen.

And to everyone that was guessing the couple from the excerpts I sent to the group, well, I hate to break it to you but you guys are all wrong because

👇
👇
👇

*ALFRED BAMIDELE*
(Surprised? I was shocked too 😂 not Alfred going all poetic and romantic on Nadia 😂😭 God abeg oo😂🙏🏾)

"Hey buddy," I greeted as I flopped down on the bed, school uniform and all, with a loud thud that some of the clothes on the bed jumped and fell to the ground. My bag was discarded in one corner and I was sure as hell that I'd spend an hour looking for my shoes tomorrow morning because I just flung them in one corner.

Or two different corners.

"How're you? Did you miss me?"

I got no reply as expected.

"What am I even saying? I'm sure you missed me. I missed you too, I miss you so much I wish I can just ditch school and be staying here with you but I can't do that, I love school just as much as I love you so we have to make do with these erhm... what's it called again? I can't seem to remember the word, buddy but whatever, I'm sure you understand, don't worry, we'll soon have all the time in the world to be together so just trust me, trust the process, and... yeeeeeeeeee."

I screamed at the sudden force that slammed into my head, incinerating everything in my head except a deep-rooted migraine that sprung up because of the pain.

I jumped up, ready to defend myself from the earthquake or tsunami that I was sure was happening behind me but there was no natural disaster.

It was just Mummy.

And it was her hand that did that to my head.

"Mummy," I whined, "I just came back from school since morning, you cannot even be romantic and..."

"Gbe gbo gbo enu e dake jhare," keep you mouth shut, She retorted, "what did I tell you about talking to yourself again?"

"Mummy, I'm not talking to myself, I'm talking to..."

"An inanimate object that can not reply to you so tell me, wise one, what is the difference between that and talking to yourself?"

"Mummy, they're different oo, and I've told you countless times that I've been advised to always say my thoughts out loud to anything, be it animals, objects, anything because I don't, my head might burst from keeping so much information in it."

She sighed and closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening them again and she looked like she was contemplating between slapping sense into my head or locking me up forever. I made sure to plaster my perfect cute and gentlemanly smile on her face, knowing fully well that it was capable of melting her heart until she looked away from me to look around the room.