25* Me Too!

Shout-out to sawvvy she's such an amazing writer and the new book she just started on Wattpad is just so amazing, WALLFLOWER. Please check it out 🙏 Talk about a breath of fresh air and a diverse storyline. She has always been a Queen when it comes to writing 🔥
🔥✨✨

Before we start the chapter, do you know what the #metoo movement is?

TAMARA

It was another project meeting and I was standing outside our meeting place, fingers tapping against the iron railings I was leaning over with Jay standing beside me.

"Who are we waiting for again?" I asked him because we've been waiting here for over 30 minutes and we were yet to start anything because some of our group members weren't here.

And needless to say, I was tired. I wasn't raised to wait for anybody like this.

"Sameera," Jay answered me and just the mention of her name was enough to almost make me roll my eyes.

It was the first time she'd be coming and she just had to come spectacularly late.

"I think she got caught up in traffic along Ikoyi road but she should be here soon."

"Is she..." I cleared my throat to get rid of the sudden dryness, "Is she the only one we're waiting for?"

"No, the group leader isn't here too, I guess."

Well, the pretty loud girl who never runs out of things to say had a knack for showing up late.

"Ohhh, I think..." Jay's voice distracted me and I followed his eyes to see a sleek Bentley car driving into the building's park, "That's Sameera's car."

I heard the words and I wanted to tear my eyes away from the blue car but I couldn't. I just kept watching till the car came to a stop and the Muslim model stepped out of the car.

She was all in her glory, fair glistening skin, baggy clothes, hijab covering her head, and well, looking like she just walked out of a Louis Vuitton ad.

She didn't even need to try before looking that effortlessly exquisite.

On impulse, I turned to look at Jay and he was staring right at her too, lips stretched into a big smile that I could have sworn I'd never seen on him before.

And yeah, I tried to ignore the pang in my chest.

My hands instinctively reached for my left wrist only to meet it bare of any rubber band and I instantly bit the insides of my mouth, bit inner cheeks long and hard and I didn't let go until I tasted the metallic taste of blood.

And still, I couldn't tear my eyes off the fair girl. She was outside the car but the door was still open and she seemed to be talking to someone.

Occasionally, she'd throw her head and laugh boisterously, the sound of it traveling far and even reaching our ears from where we stood upstairs.