Chapter 11

Lysabel and Gryff were waiting for all the other council members to come to the ᓭꖌ||∷𝙹ᒷ. Xelqua was the last to arrive since he was coming from the old academy grounds. Lysabel was directing all of the council members so they would know what to do for the admin and watcher trials. Most of them already knew what she always said since they had been doing it for years but it was just something that she always did.

"Where were you?" Zyrex asked in a hushed voice.

"I went back to the academy," Xelqua replied also in a hushed whisper.

"What?!" Zyrex said, a bit louder than what he was meant to.

"Zyrex, do you have anything you'd like to share with the rest of us?" Lysabel asked, looking at him with her deep red eyes.

"Nope, nada," he said, then shut up.

"We'll start with the new applicants and then the others who would like to move up a stage," Gryff said.

Everyone nodded to show that they knew what to do.

All of the watchers on the council placed their masks on their faces, it was something they did that made it easier to filter out what they could see with their eyes so they could use their powers to view it. Admins relied more on their actual eyes than magical ones. They entered out into a stage where below there were admins and watchers, some who had robes on, in red and purple respectively, if they had already passed the first test. "As always we will start with our new applicants and those who have already passed this first test may wait in the sides of the arena or go to the training area if they wish to keep practising," Lysabel told the group below them.

"Admin and watcher blooded please move to the lines that you were assigned," Gryff said as the whole group below moved towards their respective areas.

There were two lines for admin blooded and two for watcher blooded, the council goes into groups of three. Zyrex, Xelqua and Blaze go together and Neferus, Kelin and Gryff are also grouped together. On the admin side of things, Via and Cirrus were partnered with Lysabel. Tory, Erin and Hayden were in the final group. The first few watcher blooded that came forward for Xelqua, Zyrex and Blaze to test were powerful enough to reach level one but not much further. It was normal for most to just reach the first level of power; there was the occasional one who did manage to skip a few levels. Most of the watcher blooded, unless they had already gotten level one, hadn't gone to any watcher school. Which were very different from the academy. However many still knew a few spells from either their parents who had taught them some to have basic knowledge or from books which they had studied after learning about what they were.

They had recognised the faces of everyone but they didn't actually know any of them so far. 28 of the 35 people in their line had shown enough ability to pass but they would go over their notes later with the rest of the council. The ones who mainly failed did so because they didn't have enough magic inside of them to go into any watcher form so they couldn't make it through. Though one person didn't make it through because they didn't actually have magic and just snuck in, which happened every year they held the trials beforehand.

It was time for the last person to have the trial and Xelqua could see a change on Blaze's face, they recognised the person that had come forward. He looked down at the file of the applicant, Artemis Moon. He could vaguely remember reading a report about how both Via and Blaze had helped her on two different servers she was a part of. "Hello High Watchers Zyrex Void, Xelqua Carolus and Blaze Celrinine I am thankful to be here today," she said.

"Okay Artemis I need to close your eyes and try and feel for a pulsing energy inside of you and let the magic of your core open," Blaze said, not showing that they knew her because they had to remain neutral.

Xelqua watched as she closed her eyes and then after a few seconds she opened her eyes which were now dark indigo and grew from her back, they were bigger than any of the applicants before, which all three friends took note of. "Now could you please try some spells?" Xelqua told Artemis.
He could tell she was nervous but it was obvious that she had done study, her hand movements matched with those in the basic spell books that were available to those wanting to learn. She showed promise, she was more powerful than all the people before her. "Thank you we will let you know your results later," Zyrex said and Artemis gave a small bow and left.

They had to wait a few minutes for the admin applicants to finish since there were many more of them. They were quicker going through the watchers who wanted to upgrade, mainly because they could run all of the same levels at once since there were only about 10-20 watchers and they had stricter guidelines to judge them. About 80% had gotten to upgrade their levels, the other 20% were close but they didn't quite reach the goal they needed to.

The watchers of the council now being done with the job they needed to do went to watch the admins. Their trials involved coding instead of magic but they also did leadership tasks since that was a major role in an admins job. They had started watching as it was Xisuma's turn. He had about 30 other admins always trying to also upgrade to level 7. Xisuma seemed to be doing the best out of all the admins, he was one of the best in Xelqua's opinion and Zyrex's too. By the end it looked like Xisuma should have hopefully made it to the next level. There were no admins wanting to go up from level 7 up this year so everyone was starting to clean up. Then a crash sounded and all eyes shifted to the site of the noise.

WC~ 1050