Chapter 8

It was the second year which meant that all their dorms had moved up a level, it also meant that whenever they wanted to go there they had to fly now. Both Xelqua and Zyrex didn't mind, they actually enjoyed it more since they had a larger area to avoid people in. When the new first years came in it reminded him of the places he had been to before he had come here. He never actually thought about how they never interacted with many watchers outside the academy, there were the occasional one or two watchers that came by but they seemed more like working officials than friends or families of any of the students. Xelqua also never saw their faces so he didn't know if they were any of the alumni in the class pictures. He had gone to look at some of them, they dated back hundreds and hundreds of years, to see if he could spot any of his family.

He had seen up to about his great-great-grandmother before realising that most of his family had gone there. His mother was an outlier though, she wasn't in any of the yearbook pictures and the yearbook pictures for the past 100 years seemed to be smaller than in previous years when there were several more students. Maybe he would find out more in the new classes that he could now take in the second year such as history, flight and strategy.

It was time for their first class which was history. Xelqua and Zyrex found their way over to their seats, which are the same as last year which also meant that they would be sitting in the same place for every class. He knew most of his classmates' faces and names now but still didn't know much about them. They seemed to avoid the two friends even more after everyone had gotten their watcher forms. That was another thing that had changed. Everyone was required to be in watcher form for all their classes which meant that the rooms were more spread out to make room for the purple wings that now decorated the backs of every student. Everyone's wings had all grown by this point, Xelqua and Zyrex still had the biggest wings, and everyone was now able to fly, some better than others. As all students were now prepared for this class when the history professor walked in. The professor faced the class and spoke, "My name is Professor Biron and I will be teaching you the history of watchers for the next four years. We'll start with the first watchers and how they started what we have today for the first half of the year, then the ⨅ᒷꖎ╎⎓ᒷ ̇/'s of today and what happened for them to be called this,"

They had finished the topic on the first watcher's history. It sounded very... changed in Xelqua's opinion. At first, they talked about how they first got magic, he honestly only remembered that there was some sort of magical orb that gave 25 players powers and wings spurted from their back. That was over 1000 years ago. At a similar time, admins came around and they were starting to discover the other world's now known as servers. The watchers at the time realised that larger wings meant more power so the watcher named Kyon with their large wings became the leader. The academy they were in was the first one created by the watchers back when they were with friends with admins. Then after the second generation was attending the school something happened that made admins and watchers go to war with each other. They talked about other stuff but it was extremely one-sided and was also kind of boring since there was no reason behind anything. It was very boring but he did okay in the exam. They were then starting the next unit of ⨅ᒷꖎ╎⎓ᒷ ̇/. "There is currently one ⨅ᒷꖎ╎⎓ᒷ ̇/ and a major traitor. The ⨅ᒷꖎ╎⎓ᒷ ̇/ is known to her victims as 'The High Leader' and the traitor was a watcher ex-soldier known as Gryff Dirsu,"

A wave of confusion was sent over the class, missing only a few people. Xelqua didn't know too much about watchers outside of the school but he had heard about them. He knew that they were part of the council that helped run The Main World and the known servers. Still, Professor Kyan continued, "The ⨅ᒷꖎ╎⎓ᒷ ̇/ killed some of our leaders and the traitor joined them and helped. The ⨅ᒷꖎ╎⎓ᒷ ̇/ then tricked the rest of the population into joining them and they made alliances with the enemy that started the war, the admins. You will help us in the future to bring the balance back to this world,"
This didn't sit right with Xelqua or Zyrex but it was obvious by the look on Mirinn's face that he believed it or maybe just wanted it to be true. The rest of the class could also see Mirinn's face and then it seemed that they started to accept it as well, Xelqua doubted that everyone completely believed what he said but he also knew that with enough pushing from powerful figures they would accept it as true.

Throughout the next two years, they kept pushing the narrative of how bad the council of The Main World was and gave them many reasons why they should fight back. Over time it made Xelqua no longer believe that these watchers were in the right, and Zyrex felt the same. He knew admins weren't cruel since his brother and mother were admins, which he revealed in their third year. Flying classes only had the usual competitiveness that was tied to Mirinn trying to be the best. Flying was something that both Zyrex and Xelqua excelled at and it was one of their favourite pastimes. Strategy class also kept bringing up how bad the Main World watchers were and horrible the admins were. Both of the boys normally zoned out during this time since they knew that the information wasn't true and it didn't even really affect their grades that much, not that they cared about that as much anymore. They also discovered one night in their fourth year about how the graduates are sent to a camp to keep training to be prepared for when the current leader of these rogue watchers thought they had enough numbers. Xelqua and Zyrex thought about escaping multiple times but they knew it would just end badly.

It was now the gap between Xelqua and Zyrex's fourth and fifth year. Now they regarded anything the professors said as mostly untrue. They both were some of the tops in the classes but with not having as much spirit as Mirinn they were no longer seen as great in the professor's eyes. They were at lunch sitting at their small table that they always sat at when something felt off. There was then a large siren that was sent off, they were being attacked. 

WC~ 1172