Chapter Seventeen

Începe de la început

Before I can question him further, a doctor waltzes in the hospital room. Wait, hospital room? What am I doing here? Where am I? The last time my eyes were open I was in the forest, in the clearing. How did I end up here? The panic starts to seep in, my mind begins to panic, thinking that I am back in the Royal Pack grounds. No, I can't be. It's impossible, my heart rate begins to palpitate and I feel the panic becoming more overwhelming. 

"Where, where... where am I?" I gasp in between my breaths which have become laboured as I try to push myself up from the bed. 

"Woah woah..." The doctor ushers as he gestures with him hands for me to relax. I feel his hands gently grasp my shoulder and putting some force in his actions so that I am still lying in the bed. "You are safe your highness. You are in the Lumos pack, no harm will come to you here." He says with a gently smile. I couldn't help but feel the tension leave my shoulders. 

"I just need to do some observations, you passed out and have been unconscious for about a day now." He goes to grasp my wrist, trying to find my pulse. I can't help but pull my wrist away, knowing the real reason why I was unconscious had nothing to do with my health but rather the vision, the dream I had was. 

"Please, let go. I am fine." I sigh and rub my wrist with my free hand. 

"Your highness, please I must insist-" The doctor begins to rattle. 

"Please." I clench my eyes close. "Stop with the formalities, it's Ryan. My name is Ryan." I explain. 

It is time that I start acknowledging my place, my role in this world. I am not the crown prince. I am not the rightful heir to the throne. I am nothing but a fraud and it is time to accept my fate. My thoughts go back to the dinner that I had with my mother and father, I mean Alexander. I remember snubbing Leyla when she was talking about respecting the omegas of the pack and the person I believed to be my father simply said what an amazing Luna she would be. I can't help but silently chuckle at how right he was. Everything about her was perfect for the role of Luna, perfect for the role of being the future Queen. 

Ryan snap out of it. Reginald scolds. You have all the time in the world to reminisce if we are able to complete our goal. Now, don't ignore the doctor and get Beta Reed in here as soon as possible. I have a plan. 

Reed? Why Reed of all people? Shouldn't we seek help from Alexander or Alpha Reaper?  I query.  

No! Reginald exclaims. They will have something else to deal with and we don't know what influence your mother has on Alexander still. Even if they are not mates, they are still bonded. There are still things that we don't understand about their connection and that could put Leyla at risk. 

"Doctor, I need you to do something for me. It requires urgent attention." I explain. 

"But your high-, Ryan. Your health is extremely important to us. You are my priority at the moment." The doctor states firmly. 

"No, I have something more pressing to attend to. I will refuse treatment until I have an audience with Beta Reed." 

"But-" The doctor tries to intercept. 

"NO! I need to see Reed immediately, so if you want to treat me, you will bring him to me urgently." With that I turn my face in the opposite direction and stare at the blank white wall that is in front of me. All I can hear is the huff of breath of the doctor and his retreating steps as he exits the room. 

Why Beta Reed out of all people? I'm pretty sure he hates me. How do you know he will even help us? I exasperate. 

He doesn't hate you, he's irritated by you, you hurt his niece. Whether it was intentional or not, he will still help you. Reginald explains.