Back Home

Where Janae comes back home from college on summer break bumping into Von her highschool sweetheart who is now bittersweet.

I did not proof read this my chicken nuggets 🥲 but I hope you enjoy!

Janae p.o.v

I got out of my Uber and grabbed my purse allowing the man driving to help me get the rest of my things. I just got back from college and I am on summer break, thank God. The Uber driver was kinda young, maybe in his 20's but he literally flirted with me the whole ride here. I simply laughed him off. As I looked at the address I was sent by my cousin Booka. It was dark here in Chicago and it was niggas standing on the block, nothing new though. "Thank you," I said. I paid him and got ready to walk away but he grabbed my arm making me look back at him like he crazy because why he think it's okay to grab me like this.

I guess he realized my attitude changed due to him grabbing me so he let go. "My fault ma, I wanted to see if I can get your number just in case you want to ride something else." He said smirking and licking his crusty ass lips. I shook my head no as I said, "no thank you." He jerked his head back as he said, "Ian want yo ass no way bitch." He spat making me turn around laughing at him being mad he got rejected. I noticed my cousin Booka walk over with the rest of the gang. "Yo what the fuck you just say to my lil cousin nigga?" Booka said really upset.

I knew how protective he was of me. The gang had his back too. I stepped in front of him as I said, "Booka it's fine, c'mon forget about it." In hopes of trying to block him from doing something he will get in trouble for. Booka stepped up closer as he pushed me out the way making me bump into Durk who was mean mugging the guy and clutching his gun. Durk pushed me gently behind him making Von hold me. "Y'all chill, he ain't worth it okay? I said I'm fin--" Von cut me off as he said, "Yo Nae, shut yo ass up." I rolled my eyes as Booka pulled his gun out and started to pistol whip him as the gang joined in. My eyes widened in shock as I watched this guy get his ass beat.

I turned away hiding my face in Von's chest. I really did hate violence and they knew it. "Stop it you're going to kill him." I screamed but they all ignored me. Von held me close as if he was trying to comfort me. That was until Durk yelled, "Take her ass in the house folks, she don't need to see this shit." Von nodded dragging my crybaby ass in the house. He told me to go upstairs and wait for him to come back. He closed the door leaving me by myself and I just cried and cried until I fell asleep.