"I ain't at yo shit bitch and this energy will still be the same nigga. You don't scare me. I don't need you. I'm good with or without you. Can't believe you called and tried to check me over this weak ass girl. You was better before you got married. Bring that breezy back cause this new one pussy whipped. It's ridiculous."

Before I could say anything the phone hung up.

I looked over at Mya and she was fuming. "Calm down Mya."

"Calm down?! Did you not just hear what the fuck he said?!"

"I heard every word and ima handle it. We not about to let that shit ruin what we got going on right now though so like I said calm down."

"No, hell no."

"Yes Mya! Don't trip, fuck hoody. When we get home I'm going to handle it, trust me. That nigga know how the fuck I get down so he probably won't even be in LA when we get back but don't worry cause I'm going to take care of it."

She exhaled. "I just don't get people."

"Me either.......but I do got a question though."

"About what?"

"Do you uh...do you feel like your family reacted towards me differently when I did my dirt? Like they ready to kill hoody but with me, I didn't get that energy."

Mya leaned on the counter and started picking at her nails. "Um."

"Be honest Mya."

"...yes they did. You cheated on me with two women and my parents are asking me if you're coming over for thanksgiving and my brother is still hanging out with you."

"Did that upset you?"

"Absolutely...I was feeling like I'm always ready for war with my family but it's never reciprocated." She shrugged. "Ironically the only person who was ready for war was Brian."

I scratched my forehead. "But why did they not give me the same energy that they're giving hoody?"

"I don't know Chris. I guess they wanted to mind their business or something. Even though you did embarrass me, you didn't get on Instagram making shit seem like it's my fault. They saw that you were trying to right your wrongs, even though it took a minute but you got there. What hoody is doing is fucked up. He cheated on her and had a fucking baby Chris and got on Instagram and called her a bitter bitch because she ain't kissing his ass and NOW he wants to disrespect me and you. Fuck him. Why would you want my family to hate you anyway?"

"I didn't want them to hate me I just don't want to feel like I got special treatment because of who I am."

"It wasn't because of who you are Chris."

"Are you sure?! What I did was fucked up and they still treated me like family. Ya brother just threatened Hoody and and your sister called him a pussy."

"I really can't believe you're making this a thing! So you wanted them to be pissed at you Chris?! Do you not hear how dumb you sound?!"

"All I want is for everybody to keep the same energy."

She stared at me then her eyes squinted. "Are you trying to take up for Hoody?"