CHAPTER 17: Damage

"The king is here, haha." Luca whispered, but regardless, I know that all of the werewolves in the vicinity have their senses heightened. They all heard him.

"Wow, the audacity of this rogue." The king of Lycan mockingly replied.We are at least half a quarter mile from Olympus, though our eyes are zoomed in enough to see the werewolves on the other side.

"The audacity of this rogue has led you to sweat." Luca said, howling teasingly. He even laughed in return. I focused my attention on the king and saw bullets of sweat on his neck.

"Do you know what you are asking for?" The king of Lycan snarled. I saw Luca yawn in return. I have seen first hand how many werewolves, not just Luca, dismiss the authority of the King. He never impressed them, but some had the ability to at least show a little decorum.

"This is a ratio of 3:1." The King of Lycan said mockingly. Which is true; the rogues are a lot, but Olympus has more. Not to mention, the eastern werewolves are here for temporary residency. I looked at Luca and saw him roll his eyes exaggeratedly, not even bothered by what the King said.

"Yeah, but the difference is the wolves on my side are willing to risk their lives. Yours, on the other hand, don't even respect your leadership as the crowned king." Luca said in return. I saw King Lycan tense and become rigid. I know why. The moment Luca said it was time to go to Olympus, even if their chances of winning or even survival were slim, all of them followed him with pride on their wolves. The women and children are left with some of the men as per his instruction. The rogues respect him as their rightful king, not for royalty but for loyalty.

Aiden's mind linked me to the way that Olympus is falling down. The threat of rogues from other kingdoms made the weres question the crown again. The spotlight of blame was pointed at the King. Today, gathering all these werewolves was forcible because of their lack of compliance with the order of war. They aren't willing to fight for Olympus when they know that the king and queen won't fight with them.

"Shut up." King Lycan said, His face beat red. His fists are clenched and his eyes are shifting so fast, indicating his wolf's presence.

With a blast of light, the tree in the middle, where both parties stood, burst into a white fire. But the leaves are not being burned. It almost seems like the fire made the tree its host. A voice rang out and confirmed my thought.

"Wars have always been unavoidable in your species due to your illogical animal or the greed of the humas. This time I can sense the latter. Regardless, I'll permit you to join the war. You know the drill. The war is simple. State your purpose and the moment I say stop, the party with the most remaining wolves wins." Selena, the Goddess of the Moon, said. We were all bowing, foreheads lined up with the floor.

"The moment I won, I would want to lead Olympus. I would want to revise some laws to be in favor of the werewolf community instead of the Royals. Leading us is your responsibility, not your priveledge. I would make rogues accepted again by acknowledging the fifth kingdom. " Luca said with a straight face.

"My purpose is to win against you rouges. No sappy sentiments. " King Lycan said gritting his teeth. The fire burst into a ball of flames and then the war began.

Levi where are you? I kept thinking about linking with my mate, but I never heard back from him. The werewolves that attacked me were unconscious, not dead. I can see that from all the rogues they just aim to make them pass out, I can't believe I'm loving Luca, the King of Lycan right now. The king is on a rampage with Luca and the queen is nowhere to be seen, probably on Olympus drinking wine. From what I can see, werewolves from Olympus saw that the rogues were not killing their peers, and they started to do the same. They knock each other out without breaking each other's necks. I breathe a sigh of relief. Thankfully, the casualties will be just wounds and no deaths. On my left side, I noticed a rogue fighting with an Olympus werewolf, both pretending to fight while hiding their wolfish grins. That's right. Continue your friendly fight until I have finished with the King.