CHAPTER 15: Warning

Dear Queen,

Pleasantries to you, my queen. Are you okay? I heard the news about a mating agreement between Giovanni Quesar and you. Were you forced to do it? Giovanni can be a bit of a bêtch to the rogues. So I hope you keep your distance from that aggressive mutt. But you know what infuriates me? I have heard not once, twice, or thrice, but many times that you are warming up to this man! It hurts me, but I'll let you have your fun with him for now. In the meantime, your real mate is waiting for you in the Southwestern camp. I'm hoping to meet you tomorrow at dawn. Alone.

When I say alone, my Queen, I mean it in all seriousness. I have spies of rogues in the South Kingdom, and more are scattered throughout the other clans, including yours, my sweet cheeks. They can create and cause havoc at anytime in all kingdoms at once. To avoid that hassle, it's better to abide by my wishes, don't you think so? Nevertheless, I am pleased and honored to be blessed with your presence, soon.

Love,

Luca, your real mate.

I closed the letter with thoughts raging in my mind like bullets in a war zone. Spies. Havoc. Alone. Tomorrow,

I keep repeating those words in the hopes that it will calm the other questions in my head.I saw Levi read the letter himself with a completely passive face. He showed the stoic expression that is taught to us to maintain a level head in our military. Unfortunately for him, he can't control his wolf. I can hear the growls of his wolf in my head, definitely not helping my situation. Reina is growling at his wolf too. I looked at Levi for help just as he finished reading the letter.

He stepped on the bed and lay beside me. He covered both of us with the comforter and gave me a hug. With these thoughts in my mind, I fell asleep.

I woke up in peace and calm. Until I remember the letter and all the other things that devastate my sanity. I attempted to stand, but Levi held my head in one arm and pushed my stomach with the other. "Can we stay like this for awhile?" He whispered. I gave him a nod and rested my head on his chest. I listen to his calm breathing, lulling me to sleep.

"The king informed me of the coronation day, September 9, 1999, at exactly 9. He said it was to crown the two legionnaires in the north and east. Legionnaires are always a legacy of the previous ones. But the former legionnaire of the North was charged with treason along with his whole family. They are now left as normal citizens instead of royalty. The legionnaire in the East resigned. His father died, and she had no wish to continue the burden of the crown. She resigned after healing the Queen in one of her manic episodes, a secret of Olympus. For her silence and honor, she was given the opportunity to resign from her royal duties. " I don't know why he is suddenly telling me this, but it is calming.

"That day we travelled from Olympus to the Northeast, the border between two kingdoms; the most peaceful in-between border between any kingdoms. I went there with a carriage, the King and Queen in front of me. I even asked why I needed to be here when I'm supposed to lead in secret. But he said, the Moon Goddess asked me to be present. At exactly 9 in the morning, I saw the two were to be crowned legionnaires. They are young, which is surprising since I expected old werewolves to be blessed by this opportunity. It was nothing. As expected, the ceremony was dull. But my wolf keeps on lurching forward, trying to take control. I didn't get it. I thought we were going to be attacked with the level of heightened emotions he was blaring in my mind. Until, I focused on the girl on stage." He gave me a small laugh, and I did too.

"You were a young baby. I mean, you look so young it seems illegal. I knew at that time I was settled. I already know my mate. I have a position with the Royals. I am not just a farm wolf, I am someone you can be proud of. But it is not the time. I don't want to be selfish. I know, having that position, you'll be met by insecure old counsellors of the East, the burden of responsibilities, and a whole life ahead of you. So I stepped back. It was hard, baby. It was hard. You are so near but so unreachable. Then I heard from Olympus that you are with this guy, Samuel. Though, I heard Alistair and the King talked about it two times, and they just laughed it off, claiming that Torrey would never disrespect mate bonds like that. So I waited, assured by your principles. " A small smile graced his lips while his eyes were closed.