CHAPTER 10: Truth

Prince Chase. What in the world, is that him? What happened to him? Why is he with the rogues? He looks untamed and wild. His beard looks frizzy, his eyes look unfocused, his eyebags are so dark, his skin so pale. If I had not heard of his name, I would have thought he was a vampire. The description fits him so much, like how come there's blood on his fangs?

Wait, fangs?

No. No.

Arkaiel de Valne is the Prince of the Witches. Witches do not have fangs. Why does he have fangs? As Lev stood sideways facing the chair of Marco Santiago, for God knows what reason, I took the time to look at the man. When our eyes met, I saw a flash of recognition and a wolfish grin that made my spine freeze with cold. What the heck is he doing? I have no doubt that he is the source of all of our wolves' rage.

He winked at me and, there it goes, Reina started stealing my focus.

"Fuck." I whispered. Levi was quick to look at me and hold my head.

"What's happening, love?" He asked with a genuine concern on his face.

"Reina's acting like a bitch." With a deep breath, he looked at King Lycan.

"Your majesty, it is obvious that we wolves are not in the best state right now. It would be for the better if we adjourned this meeting for now." Levi asked with a firm point with no room for discussion.

"Yeah, we should adjourn this assembly. This is not going anywhere with our minds being split into two." He said with a small laugh. "Dismiss, guards, put that rogue back to his cell."

As Prince Chase was being dragged from the courtroom, he gave me one last look.

"leave now"

"Torrey, how about we let our wolves go for a run?" Levi asked, making me focus on his hold on my body.

"Yeah, I would love that." I replied. Reina's wolf can help Reina sort her feelings quicker than I can.

I heard someone say, "Hi Giovanni." I opened my eyes and saw the Queen. His hair shimmers like no one at his age. Vibrant lilac eyes greeted me, but they were not looking in my direction.

"Pleasantries, Queen." Levi said, with a meek small bow. I have absolutely no good feelings towards the Queen's intention towards my mate.

"Well, I have seen you seem cozy." She said when her mouth suddenly twitched. A sudden boom and King Lycan is on the Queen's right.

"Young love, I must say. Not a mate but you guys have an amazing chemistry. I remember when we were at our prime, we were just the same. " The King gave me a sweet smile, and I gave him one in return.

"Oh, haha, I am not that old." She said this with an obvious suggestive twinkle in her eyes. Since when was she like this?

"Yeah, it was sudden. I just have this pull towards her and it is undeniable. " Levi said, his eyes flashing with an unknown emotion while looking at me still in his arms.

"You like her that much?" The king mused.

"I mean, there's nothing to unlike about her; she's beautiful and honorable, but when I close my eyes, I still like her." So it must have had a connection that surpassed the understanding of the naked eye.

"Is that love." The King inquired.

"No!...I mean, that's too early to know. Getting to know each other first, the basics; there's no need to rush. " She said, trying to maintain her composure.

"Oh, of course. We are going for now. See you later at the continuation of our assembly of legionnaires. " Levi made a small curtsy bow and put his head on the field of the palace.