CHAPTER 11: Journey

What just happened will result in a great adjustment to the werewolf community. The moment the King sentences Marco Santiago, the prime legionnaire of the West will automatically be his Luna.

But the problem is that his mate died a decade ago from wolfsbane after being abducted by rogues. It was actually super bad since he went ballistic and was raging wars and fighting with his own people in the community. At that time, Brody was assigned to take care of matters at hand. He took both kingdoms under his care, which is very admirable, and Marco was transported to Samuel in the north. 

I visited them once in a while and saw the scratches lining up on Sam's arm after Marco caused a rampage again. He was going crazy for 2 months, full of aggression and adrenaline, while the following 2 months were a duration full of sorrow and emotions. He was sad, almost depressed, in a state of drain. Which is an occurrence that happens to wolves who experience a tragedy of wolves, therefore overpowering their human host and draining the soul out of the two of them; hence, called the drain.

Now, after the King's order, the West Kingdom would be nulled. When their legionnaire is barred from the throne, they have a stuck disposition. This happened in the past when a legionnaire was imprisoned and could not find his mate, at the very least, no Luna to replace the leader. 

The null would cause the kingdom to be halved and would be spilt across the two nearest kingdoms. In their situation, it would be between the North and the South. The western werewolf community will be a temporary citizen of the other kingdom until the King has chosen another one to be their legionnaire, which traditionally would last half a year.

I watch as Samuel and Brody turn into sour moods. Which is understandable given that wolves are unstable when transferred to a location outside of their territory. No matter how stupid, the wolves of the west would attempt to overthrow the wolves of the north or south. 

It is the naturalistic instinct of a wolf to be in a territory of its own. I know this is going to keep both legionnaires busy for awhile. The stress of travelling, sorting, leading, and recreating the programs; education, health, finance, and training to accommodate the visitors.

I would say the King is being impulsive and harsh. Imprisoning a legionnaire with no proper legal settlement that would sort out all of his responsibilities is pure selfishness on his part. Now, passing the stress onto other legionnaires is not the king we need.

"King Lycan, your majesty." I was shocked when my mate suddenly spoke.

"Yes, Quesar?" The king asked with a snappy tone. Why are the higher royals being so snappy today.

"I have a proposition in terms of the settlement of the West werewolves." Levi said.

"Let's hear it." Samuel said with extreme enthusiasm.

"Well, you see, transferring wolves from territory to a foreign land would make their wolves take over, according to their natural instinct." Levi said.

The King gave a swift nod to indicate he was all ears.

"I would suggest the western werewolves stay on Olympus, at least in the empty columns of the kingdom. You see, the crown has long been questioned and doubted for its capability to govern our kind. By taking care of the west werewolves, you will have a reputation as a responsible king that is credible and worthy enough to lead the shift of the then empire wolves to kingdom wolves. "

While he was talking, a server offered us a cup of wine and placed it on the holder on his right. Sensing my thirst, he grabbed the wine; after he finished his speech, he focused his attention on me as he guided the silverware to my mouth and wiped the stain on my lips afterwards. Damn him.