CHAPTER 16: War

"Luca." I greeted the man in question. In front of me he stood tall, taller than I, probably the same height as Alistair. His silver hair was shoved back neatly and cleanly. I didn't expect to see the leader look decent, but I'm not entirely shocked since I've seen Carlo, his right hand man.

"My queen." He greeted me, flashing me a wide grin while opening his arms wide in welcome.

"I'm here." I told him. I'm actually early, standing in the same position even before dawn. The least I want is to come late and watch this rogue go ballistic.

"In the flesh, I can see that." He said, looking at me from head to toe. "You really are a work of art, Torrey. You exceed the bar of my expectations." great.

"What are you up to?" I asked him mindlessly. I have a plan of how I will approach him, but certainly that is off the table now.

"What do you mean?" He asked, raising one of his eyebrows while smirking.

"Why are you doing this?" I went for the most obvious and cliché question I could come up with. I just need to survey if he brought anything with him. He realized what I was doing and took a 360-degree turn to show his harmless. I don't really mind a dagger or some shit, I was just careful of wolfsbane. The last thing I want is to be defenseless.

"Can you come with me to the camp?" He asked me now with a genuine smile. I nodded in return and walked behind him, careful to make him lead the way.

We were walking in silence until he stopped. My senses were alerted by his abrupt stop. I took a look around, on high alert. I looked at him and saw him looking at me, tipping his chin on the side. So I did what he asked me to do and walked beside him. He actually smelled like wood fragrance.

"Why?" I repeated my question earlier.

"I'll show you the reason for your question." He gave me a downward smile. He walked slower since his steps were longer than mine.

"So on our way, can I ask you questions?" He asked me

"Yeah." I really don't have a lot of choices, don't I? He would probably ask me about Levi or Olympus. Should I lie?

"Favorite color?" He asked something that made my shoulders sag with relief. He released a small laugh as the tension in my body vanished.

"Purple." I responded to him.It was because of Reina. Her fur is purple.

"Really? Mine's green. " He said it back in return. If we weren't in this serious situation, he would probably be my friend.

"Favorite number?" he asked.

"7." I answered.

"Mine's 5." He said, with a meaningful tone. I looked at him, and he gave me a quick smile.

"Favorite food?" he asked.

"Shanghai." I will answer shortly. I really don't want the vibe he is giving me because he is my enemy. Why is his vibe so warm? Why does he sound so genuine? Argh!

"Mine's shawarma." He answered happily.

"Here we are." He told me as he swiped the bushes in front of us. This is not what I expected to see. I expected some camping sites, literally. Werewolves jamming on the fireplace are not typical pack houses. Some kids are running and shifting along the way. It appears to be a small community, and I would not expect rogues to live there.

"How... where did you get the materials?" I asked first what came on my mind.

"You mean, why does the rogue camp look like a decent proper kingdom?" He said, looking at his people fondly.