CHAPTER 5: Interrupted

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven...

... three thousand five hundred ninety nine, three thousand six hundred.

"ARGH!" What's taking him so long? I know I have ordered something oddly specific, as a joke by the way, but it's not like he's the one who's going to prepare that. I'm pretty sure he's going to mind link a servant, so why is he not yet here?

I moved the blanket off my body and stepped off the bed. Stretching my arms down to my toes is the relief I have unknowingly needed. The sunlight occupied half of the roof from the open curtains by the window. I heard some whispers and immediately rushed to the door. I heard voices, not very audible. They were probably shouting from the first floor. I heard Ma's voice loud and clear, "enough! Rogues are uncivilized wolves. Period. They are not a threat to an organized pack. Whatever their reason may be for being so abrasively aggressive, it is a minor concern. What happened last night was just a surge of guts on their part, clearly unplanned. Now, stop your furry asses from ruining my morning and grab some hot coffee and remove those ugly thoughts from your heads! "

Okay, yep. She is mad. Not good, but better. Sometimes the king needs the queen to stop the worrywarts from making abrupt and mindless decisions.

So, I guess they are worried about the incident yesterday. The news that rogues attacked the royals in Olympus would cause fear among our people. It is a serious situation, and I may or may not be the center of the whole fiasco caused by the rogues yesterday.

I really need to sort this out as soon as possible. I talked to my generals, Samuel, Ma, rogues, and mate. Right, my mate. Where is he?

He is really taking his time on this one. Like... an hour by now or more, definitely more. Pacing back and forth is not helping my situation, but it can make me dizzy enough to stop overthinking.

I jumped on the bed and threw the pillow down the hall. He's been pissing me off since yesterday. Mate. Really? Did I find my mate right now? great. I am in the middle of something that could probably cause me to lose my life. Why couldn't I have met him sooner? Or maybe after all this trouble is dealt with? My mind was going to burst, so I needed a different distraction, and I chose to count the stars on my pillowcase. I got so bored to the point where I am starting to regret why I asked him something so specific. So I seized the opportunity to come up with a solid plan regarding my secret issue.

So, I found a small stash of paper in the drawer near the bedside. I went to the study table on the right side of the room and found a pen. Now I write-

Phase 1 of the Plan-

1. Talk about my current situation with my mate and best friends. I know that one way or another it's going to be revealed; I just did not think it was going to happen too soon. If there's one thing I learned about rogues, it's that their games have no rules. No camaraderie. No concern. No limitations. No restrictions. They don't care how much trouble or even if they are on the receiving end of the bloodbath; not even a pint of thought of what may happen if it escalate and they all die at the end. In short, they have tunnel vision and are admirably stupid. Rogues are the people we call nomads and they have existed for centuries in our race. do not want to abide by any rules. Which is weird, because wolves are born with an instinct for hierarchy. On the other hand, they are also labelled as dysfunctional. They do not want a leader. But weirdly enough, as the Italian rogue mentioned yesterday, they have a leader. So what is the point of being called a rogue? Maybe they just want to start a new kingdom led by them, with a hierarchy for them. They are brainless animals, I must say. Not to mention, laying the information as a threat to me is more of them showing a raging ball their red-colored identities. They just made it easier on my part to hunt them. They are stupid about that one.