Chapter Twelve

Story: Moira
Chapter Twelve: Ominous Predictions

The fire crackled in the fireplace, adding more tension to the atmosphere.

Albus Dumbledore was never the tidy man. His table was completely messy with things which he no longer needed or damaged items. After his deputy showed an explicit disgust for the haphazard place, he decided to clear them up a little. That was when he stumbled upon a book gifted years earlier to him by the great alchemist, Nicholas Flamel. A particular story by Gabriel S.Tory totally surprised the aged headmaster.

THE FIGHT OF THE LEO AND SERPENTINE
The founders of Hogwarts, Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin, were rumored to be the best of pals, but the world does not know the rift which formed between the bosom buddies sometime in the twelfth century.

One day, it so happened that Slytherin and Gryffindor were taking a leisurely walk through the county when they were met with a dilemma.

A prophecy was created by the great individual, D.Ivine, which stated two upcoming fights between the Serpent and the Lion. Mentioned by the same future predictor was a Wizard of Creation and a Witch of Destruction who had the ultimate power, if they were to combine hands, to do the impossible. Slytherin began to doubt Gryffindor, causing the latter to defend himself. The rift started at that exact moment.

Three years later, Gryffindor fell in love and married a young woman who went by the name Giselle. The couple had odd issues. For instance, Giselle often lost control over her magic when angered or emotional, shattering the whole house in a matter of few seconds.

The pair were concerned and when they consulted Merlin, the chief advisor of the court, they were revealed to be the prophesied Witch of Destruction and the Wizard of Creation.

Envious of the new-found powers of Gryffindor, Slytherin waged a magical war against the former. The world saw one of the deadliest fights of history which ended in favor of the

Dumbledore sighed in frustration. The page was torn right where the answer was. Reading the tale raised more questions in his mind.

He already knew about the recent prophecy, but which Serpent-Lion fight did D.Ivine foretell, nearly hundreds of years ago? The symptoms of Giselle matched those of Harry's – losing control over magic when angered or emotional.

Did that mean that Harry was the Wizard of Destruction? Who was the Witch of Creation, then? Was Harry going to fight someone again? Did that mean that Voldemort was still alive somewhere? Such questions troubled the aged headmaster enough to give him a stinging headache.

He popped a lemon drop into his mouth and slumped down heavily onto his seat. Noticing his emotions, Fawkes sang a low-key, relaxing tune to which Dumbledore found himself humming. That was how Ginny Weasley found him.

"Master? Are you okay?" Ginny asked as she walked into the office. Dumbledore opened his blue eyes, a bright twinkle in them.

"Ah, good evening Ginny. I see you are here for your lesson?"

"Yes, master," Ginny replied. Dumbledore smiled and stood up.

"Today, we are learning ancient runes of protection. They need to be drawn carefully, so pay attention."

____________________

The lesson went right and Ginny was happily skipping her way to the Gryffindor common room when she bumped into someone. That someone being Harry, she smiled widely. He gave her a small smile in return.