"Silver Engineer Park, please report to the bridge," Executive Kim says, which makes Jimin jump to his feet in fear. Why is today such a good day? After two years of barely talking and being addressed, suddenly the big boss wants to see him. Jimin forces down his fear and navigates his way through the enormous ship, pitter-pattering down several corridors and up countless ladders until he reaches the giant space known as the bridge.

There are several people hustling around, pressing buttons and talking over comms. Jimin spots Executive Kim talking to Captain Kwon. His heart skips a beat. Is he getting a promotion? That wouldn't make sense as he just got promoted to silver half a year ago. Why did the ship shake? Why is everyone in a hurry? Jimin forces his mind to silence itself as he nervously walks over to the two.

As soon as he approaches, Executive Kim gives him a smile and shoos the Captain away. Jimin watches the Captain go, but doesn't say anything about it. "There's been a distress call from a smaller ship not too far from us, we're sending out a small pod of workers to check it out. All of our platinum's are busy with paperwork and handling our next shipment, so we're gathering a small team of rookies to go check it out. I'd like you to be on that team."

Jimin's eyes widen to the point where he thinks they'll pop out of his head. "Me?" Jimin asks, unable to stop the disbelief in his tone.

Executive Kim chuckles. "Yes, I'll be leading the team. A team of five. One executive, one engineer, one agent, one pilot, and one intelligence officer."

"No soldiers or medics?" Jimin asks, raising a brow. He didn't mean to make it sound like he was questioning authority, but he couldn't help but inquire.

"It's nothing serious, the call looks like they ran out of fuel unexpectedly."

Jimin hums, then bows his head. "I would be honored. Thank you, Executive Kim." Bowing may be considered too formal in this situation, but Jimin keeps his head dipped anyway. That is, until he hears his superior's next words.

"Please, call me Namjoon."

Jimin fights the urge to turn red and hop around in joy. "A-Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure... Jimin," Namjoon replies.

Jimin gulps, "Alright... Namjoon." Gosh, saying it out loud has his head go stiff. In some strange way, he feels as though he's breaking the rules.

"Gear up, we leave at 23 hundred." With that, Jimin lets out a mental squeal and walks away.

~23:00~

"Check ins. Agent Jung?" Namjoon asks.

"Well, I'm alive," Agent Jung replies, Jimin glancing at the man who just spoke. A sharp jawline and fluffy hair. To an untrained eye, his hair may seem unkept. But Jimin knows from experience that long hair doesn't mean Mr. Jung let himself go. Not yet, anyway.

"Pilot Byun?"

"Present and ready for liftoff sir," he says from the cockpit, the walls of the Athena seeming to close in around Jimin's body. That's not the case, but the tightness in his lungs tell a different tale.

Namjoon chortles from Baekhyun's upbeat tone before moving to the next member. "Officer Kang?"

"Present."

"And Engineer Park?"

Jimin's throat tightens with his lungs, his hands gripping anything they can latch onto. Despite that, he keeps his tone as soft as possible while also displaying a hint of enthusiasm. "Also present!"