13 - Quirk rants (AFO and Izuku cry over quirks)

Start from the beginning

"I'll be in the kitchen and cook us dinner. I'll call you once it's done, Izuku". Inko smiled at her son's tired expression before disappearing out of his view. The boy sighed quietly as his eyes fluttered in an attempt to fight his tiredness. All the continuous training in UA and the practice for his final exams had been draining him for a while now so he was glad that they allowed the students to have a break either at the dorms or at home with their families.

Stretching his aching body with a satisfying pop, the green-haired student rolled onto his side, his gaze flicking over to his wooden desk. A single, damaged notebook accompanied by a mechanical pen lay on the desk's surface. Before he knew it his hands were itching again, wanting to reach out and finally finish up his analysis book so he could get started with a new one.

Izuku gnawed on his lip in thought, weighing the pros and cons of finishing it up now or falling asleep. But since his mother was cooking dinner already he decided to get up and finalize the notebook instead of taking the long nap his body so desperately ached for. So he groggily rolled himself out of bed, almost tumbling to the ground during the process before he pulled himself towards his desk and slumped down in his old chair.

He had a rough idea of what he could write on the last few pages, reaching over to his mechanical pen as he flipped through the damaged pages of his notebook. Izuku frowned lightly, nibbling on the end of his pen while he glared down at the unfinished page of one of his teachers- Hound Dog. He had made an entry about the pro in the past like all of his other teachers but ever since he had gotten into UA he had decided to update all of their information.

Their new entries would be used later on in a separate notebook, one specifically dedicated to all of his teachers. Then he would no longer have to flip and stumble across pages, even though he had memorized everything perfectly, it was always good to have some order. Izuku hummed quietly at his thoughts before he snapped himself out of it and got started on writing, finishing up the "Psychological", "Support Gear", and "Improvements" sections with ease.

After about half an hour of mindlessly scribbling away and pulling up clips on his laptop, the notebook was finalized. Izuku silently stared down at his work, his fingers twitching ever so slightly. He was happy to have finished it, but a part of him felt weird to the point where he couldn't quite categorize it. Shrugging it off with a shake of his head, Izuku rose from his chair, stretching out sore muscles with a silent groan.

"Izuku? Dinners ready!" The voice of his mother called for him as the green-haired boy gave his notebook one last glance. "Coming, Mom!" He quickly responded, staggering out of his room and into the hallway leading toward the living room and kitchen. His mother was happily serving the steaming Katsudon onto two plates, smiling softly as she heard her son approach.

Plate in hand, she turned around to him, ushering her son to take his plate whilst she was grabbing the chopsticks for the both of them. Izuku slowly plopped himself down on the wooden chair, gratefully nodding to his mother as she handed him his chopsticks. The Katsudon tasted as good as ever, but the green-haired boy couldn't seem to be able to focus on his food, rather letting his eyes glance over at the bright TV screen.

It was another news broadcast about the huge underground drug scandal in China that had been dug up by accident. Apparently, a few of their government workers of the Hero-security branch had been involved in the whole fiasco, which caused a widespread outroar amongst the country. China's government got pushed out into the crossfire as the citizens demanded a throughout background check of their officials.

"Izuku, honey? Is something bothering you?" The freckled boy stilled his movements, realizing that he had let himself zone out for too long, and now worried his mother again. Sighing soundlessly, he set down his chopsticks and stared down at his plate. "It's nothing, Mom. I'm just-... A bit exhausted. Studying for the finals plus the training has me a bit on edge". He explained slowly, making sure to word his sentence right.