Part Two, Chapter Twenty: Mother

"I'm sure you already know what's going on here, so I'll make this short."

Her mother's voice bounced around the empty apartment walls as she ran around looking for her suit and helmet. When she found it, she desperately started pulling her sweaty workout clothes off and pulling her thick spandex on.

"I have your girlfriend here- don't worry- I'm not going to hurt her or anything. I want you on my side. Meet me at the location I sent to you. I think you'll find it brings back a fond memory."

The video ended just that abruptly and with just that little explanation.

"I can't believe it. I can't believe I finally have to go kill that bitch." She said to herself as she pulled her helmet on.

Her rage only increased as she pulled her hoverboard from the closet, and opened up the door to the apartment balcony. She took off into the night, wishing she had left her helmet off so that the night air might cool off some of the heat rising from her skin.

If she's hurt Charlie at all, even just punching her in the face one time, I swear to God I'm going to kill her. I might kill her anyway. She could have just left me alone. She could have bothered literally anyone but me. She chose this.

Before she could dwell on her venomous thoughts any longer, her phone began to buzz at her side. Against her better judgment, she used her helmet to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Beatrice!" Lin's voice rang out in her ears.

She figured he had probably already realized what was up to somehow, and was about to try and stop her. She could already hear his disapproving tone as he lectured her about how she needed to alert the authorize and do things legally and safely.

"What?" She said as she sailed through the thick jungle of buildings.

He surprised her by asking something she wasn't expecting.

"Is TJ with you?"

His voice was strained and she could hear frantic sounding steps in the background of the call.

"No, why?" She asked. "Did you do something to piss him off?"

"No." He said. "I just got home and he's not here. He's not answering his phone either and I'm worried about him-"

The realization of what was going on hit her.

"Fuck."

Beatrice was sure she knew where he was. She didn't want to get Lin involved, but realized at this point that it wouldn't really be fair to him not to tell him what was going on.

"Listen Lin. I'm going to send you some coordinates. Meet me there."

"Beatrice what's goi-" she ended the call. She was sure he was smart enough to fill in the blanks himself.

"You are about to arrive at your destination." The GPS in her suit announced.

She was coming up on an old parking garage. New Atlanta had no shortage of abandoned buildings, but this one really seemed like it had seen better days. Beatrice winced at the sight of it, wondering if her mother was really just openly mocking her like this.

She slowed down as she approached it, trying to keep her guard on high alert. The last time she had fought her mother, she had pretty much gotten her ass kicked, and she didn't want to be embarrassed like that in front of Charlie again.

There wasn't anything quite as embarrassing as having the shit beat out of you by your mom in front of your girlfriend.

As she landed, she pulled off her helmet and looked around. There were a few cars parked, but they looked ancient.