Part Two, Chapter Six: A Star is Born

Beatrice woke up before Charliethe next morning, something that was more than a little unusual. She tried to roll out of bed as quietly as possible, but Charlie caught her just as she was almost up, and pulled her back into the sheets. 

  "Charlie!" She sighed. 

   Charlie wiggled her way closer, pressing her face against her chest and squeezing her tightly. 

    "Don't get up yet. You're so soft and warm…" Charlie slurred tiredly as she nuzzled against her breasts. "Mmm... comfy."

     "Charlie…" Beatrice sighed again, this time more softly. 

     "I wanna snuggle!" Chalrie whined. "Let me!" 

     Beatrice bit back her smile, and ran her hand softly through Charlie's sleep tousled hair, smoothing it down. 

      "Charlie, you know I love to snuggle with you, but I have a meeting to get to."

      Charlie huffed dramatically and rolled away. 

     "Uhg. Fine!" She pouted. After a short pause she popped back up, giving Beatrice a confused look. "Wait. A meeting? What kind of meeting?"

     "Uh—" Beatrice nervously swallowed. 

      She hadn't exactly told Charlie about her career plan yet, and she wasn't exactly looking forward to it either. She didn't know why exactly she had waited so long.

    Upsetting Charlie seemed scary. She already felt like she didn’t deserve her.

     It wasn't like she could keep it a secret forever. That would be insane. 

    Although maybe…

     No, no. That was ridiculous.

     "Um. I have a meeting with an agent today." She said. 

    Charlie blinked.

     "An agent?"

      "Yes." Beatrice said carefully. "To represent me. As a hero."

      Charlie blinked again, her eyes wide and her mouth slightly parted. 

      "Oh…"

      "I'm sorry, Charlie I forgot to tell you." Beatrice said, letting the words spill out. "I—I just don't want you to be mad at me." 

     Charlie's face quickly returned to its normal, cheery disposition. 

     "No worries, B!" She said. 

      "I was just worried you'd be mad at me. Then I started to worry about it, and I— I swear it was just a few days ago." Beatrice sighed and hung her head. "I dont know where my head's been lately." 

       Somewhere bad.
.
       "Like I said, no worries." Charlie said. "If you're following your dreams, then I'm happy for you! Why don't you call me afterwards to let me know how it goes?" 

      "O—okay. Wait. What if you're in a meeting?"

      "Then I'll just step out. Anything for you, B!" 

      Charlie leaped up and gathered her into a hug, pulling her down onto the bed again. Though she seemed happy, Beatrice couldn't help but feel that she was hiding her disappointment.

     Charlie's driver took Beatrice to the address the agent had given her. It was a tall, slick building, pretty much indistinguishable from every other one in the city.