Prologue

"A man that studies revenge keeps his own wounds green".

- Francis Bacon

Author's Note: This story is the second part of another story - Hero: Gods & Magic. I highly recommend you read it before you read this one. Although it is not necessary to understand the story.

___

10 Years Ago.....

A cold, hard, battlefield lay before Corgan - the prince of angalia as he stared into the distance. His foes lay before him - The knights of basilisk.

He and a couple of his royal guards were staring them down from a couple of meters away.

The Knights of basilisk were a group of marauders who worshiped a god of death. They were a pain in the royal family's side as they attacked knights and merchants all across angalia in their divine fervor.

Corgan sought to eliminate their treachery from the face of angalia.

"For the God of death!"

Several of them charged towards Corgan and his battalion. They all carried swords and spears.

Corgan readied his sword and prepared to battle these fiends!

"Ha!" One of them came for Corgan personally.
"Die Heathen prince!" The marauder thrust his long and thick spear towards Corgan.
"Fiend!" Corgan parried the spear strike with his own sword. Corgan dashed backwards before the knight of death came forward again with another thrust. His blade was like a snake in the way it curved through the air.. Corgan barely managed to dodge as the spear hardly missed his neck.

(Tougher than I thought.) Corgan thought.

He counterattacked with his own blade! Charging towards the knight with his sword pointed straight at the man's heart! His sword glided through the air like an airplane as it soon pierced the night's armor and his chest.

"Grk!"
He began spewing blood from both his mouth and his chest as he tipped over in pain.

"Those who live by the sword...." Corgan scoffed. He then turned his back on the death knight before turning to help his friends.
"I shall not die yet for the lord basil!"
Suddenly, the knight he thought he had slain got up, seemingly not fazed by his wounds.
He charged once more in feverish devotion to his death god!
"Ha! You all don't go down so easily do you?" Corgan proclaimed.
The opposing knight shoved his spear towards Corgan with devilish intent.
"You should be eager to join your god of death!" Corgan snarked.
Corgan parried the knight's spear and knocked it out of his hands.

He thrusted his sword into the death knight's chest, this time finishing the job. He took a deep breath in and out as the struggle seemed to be over.

"Milord." An angalian knight approached him.
"We've slayed and captured most of the knights. Although quite a number escaped." The knight informed.
"Thank you commander." Corgan replied.
"Also sir we've gotten a message from your father." The knight stated.
"Oh god... " Corgan dreaded.
"He wants you to immediately return to the hall." The knight continued on to say.
"Ugh, somehow I knew this would happen. He never let anything be." Corgan sighed.

Corgan very much sighed heavily as he realized the absolute travesty of yelling he was going to get from his father. He put his sword away as he knew his ultimate meager fate.

"Right. Fetch my pegasus. I'll depart at once!" He ordered.

----

The Hall of Angalia was where the king of this great nation laid. The king of angalia was currently in the Great hall of Marimor. The great hall was built by the half human half celestial - Marimor as a way to honor the angalians after they fought in the great celestial war. The hall was originally meant to honor the king specifically, sort of like a shrine but over time; he and his family would come to inhabit it.

The hall could best be described as a haven. It had floors laid with gold, a ceiling made of silver and walls made of marble. On said walls were pictures of The king - Odmir, His wife dophini and his son Corgan. Some weapons were strung about on the wall. Swords,Halberds,Maces,Shields and magical staffs all seemed to be hung about as if they were trophies; perhaps they were a sign of angalia's military triumphs. They're was finally a smell of incense that burned brightly in the room, hinting at a religious significance.

Corgan's father - Odmir sat at a throne laid at the end of the room. He had a mighty frown on his face. His anger was only widened by corgan's nonchalance as he entered the hall. Odmir glared at his son with stinging eyes as Corgan spoke.

"Father.... What is this about?" Corgan asked.
"Son.... Why did you deliberately disobey me!?!" Odmir yelled with a booming voice.
"I told you not to fight the knights of basilisk! You could've gotten yourself killed." Odmir yelled, his voice booming across the great hall.
"Father! They are a scourge on this kingdom! I had to do something!" Corgan responded.
"That is not your duty-" Odmir said before being interrupted.
"Then what is, father!? I am to just sit in my royal castle and watch while my people get slaughtered?" Corgan yelled back in response.
"No! -But you are to obey my orders first and foremost!" Odmir yelled.
"Your orders were to sit back and wait until the basilisk knights made the first move!"
"Exactly! -And I hoped my delinquent son would follow them!" Odmir said.

"Father, are you really angry at me for killing those scoundrel basilisk knights???" Corgan asked.
"This isn't just about those basilisk knights. You've disobeyed and disrespected me and your mother many times before....." Odmir reminisced.
"Maybe if you two weren't such authoritarian parents, I wouldn't feel the need to!" Corgan spat back.
"Watch your tongue boy! I am your father!" Odmir yelled.
"Yes, You are. -And a terrible one at that." Corgan snapped back.
Odmir's eyebrow twitched at that last statement. His anger and rage were about to reach a boiling point but after about 10 seconds of staring at corgan with a harsh glare, he calmed himself.

"Enough! I see no line of discipline will take your young wild personality. You leave me no choice."
Odmir sighed as he stared his son in the eye, looking at him with a disappointed frown.

"You are hereby, banished from this kingdom."

-And thus began corgan's new adventure. He was sent to earth where he met his ally and future lover - Amy Yint. Odmir perhaps blessed him but in the same way cursed his son, as he would die 9 years later.....onetheless the origins of our story could be found here.