Specialty Chapter 1. Harry Potter

Start from the beginning

"Harry- No!" I felt a sting in my eyes. I struggled to form words through the knot in my throat.

"But I did, didn't I?" He finally stopped pacing, turning to look at me once again. "I love you Neveah. And I am so, deeply sorry that I do."

Hot tears fell down my cheek, and I prayed he wouldn't notice. I couldn't speak... I couldn't figure out what to say.

"I am sorry that when you smile... and the corners of your eyes crease, even though you hate it, I find it beautiful. I am sorry that when you throw a tantrum all because you keep messing up on a piano piece, and you throw your head back and whine dramatically... I can't help but laugh." He chuckled softly, his voice getting caught in his throat.

"Harry-" My voice was small, as if I were a child again.

"I am so sorry, Neveah... that my favorite thing about you is that you are so unapologetically yourself. That even on the quietest days, there is always comfort in your silence. I am sorry. I am sorry that I love you so deeply. Every part of who you are, I love."

There was no way to deny that the rain was not tears. Not through the crack in his voice, not through the quiver of mine.

"I am sorry I scared you, Neveah. But, please... Please don't leave like that again." My heart ached as he covered his face beneath his hands. "I don't need you to love me. Just... let me love you."

I stepped towards Harry, leaving the safety of the tree. Rain began to wash away my tears. My hair fell flat, my clothes sticking to my body. Harry's head tilted to meet my eyes. I pressed my hands onto his wet cheeks, running my thumbs beneath his eyes. He shut his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I love you, Harry Potter."

My voice was a whisper in the rain. I held him between my hands as his eyes opened to look at me. His hands cupped mine, still resting on his cheek.

"You love me?"

"I love you. Always." A small smile. "You love me?"

"I love you...Always."

Harry whispered his words onto my lips. The heat of his body taunting mine. Our lips barely touched, afraid to let the moment pass. We stood beneath thunder and rain, a cold that soaked into your bones. But there was a blazing fire... his lips clashing into mine.

***

I sat on the floor in front of the fire place. I changed into shorts and a button up, my wet clothes laying in a pile in the corner. I let Harry use my shower since he had gotten the worst of the rain. I couldn't help but smirk to myself as I warmed up.

"What's got that smile on your face?" Harry stood in nothing but sweatpants before me. One hand dried his hair with a towel, water still falling onto his body. "Eyes up here, darling." He smirked.

"Shut it..." I laughed to myself, turning my eyes back to the fire place.

"Feeling better?" Harry nicely placed a blanket on the floor, tossing pillows from my bed on top of them.

"Much." I gladly climbed onto the setup.

I didn't dare turn while feeling Harry's eyes on me. He was laying down, propped up on his arms. His glasses were still missing, his eyes like a siren. I couldn't risk my eyes dragging along his body. The waistband of his underwear peaking through his sweats.

I felt his hand on mine. Gently, like he was testing the waters. Eventually he took my hand in his, pulling me towards him. He caught me before I could fall, my body hovering over his.