25. Our Story.

Comincia dall'inizio

"Great. Well, the guest rooms are made up for you and Sophie. I've restocked the pantry and fridge. Red also has a vet checkup on the 18th so I'll leave that information, if you wouldn't mind taking her?" He says this as he places his swim trunks in his suitcase, while Sam finishes double checks everything she has packed.

"I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight, I'm so excited." She says when he's off the phone.

"Don't worry, baby girl, I'll get you right to sleep," He says and the small smirk on his lips makes her heart skip. She still gets so shy around him. He just has that effect on her. "Oh, I've got to run down to my car really quick. I don't want to forget."

"Forget what?" She asks.

Something changes in his face when she asks this. A flicker of something. But it's quick and it's gone before she can wonder more. He smiles. "I just need to make sure the key's are there for my sister, that's all. Be right back."

He kisses her head and leaves the closet then. She doesn't think anything more of it. She gets lost in her head sometimes and now she just wonders which car his sister prefers to drive. She'll have to ask over dinner when they return.

***

She gazes down at the water, its clearness allows her to see the ocean floor that surrounds their rental

She gazes down at the water, its clearness allows her to see the ocean floor that surrounds their rental. If you listen, you can hear the wind, the occasional bird, and the water. It feels like they're completely alone. They're away from everything. Her nerves have already settled, as soon as they stepped onto the jet and took their seats. She looked out the window, watching their big city and then their big state full of all their problems become smaller and smaller until it was only clouds.

"What do you think?" His voice comes from behind her.

She spins around in her blue and white floral sundress, taking in the sight of him because it completes this picture. She wants to remember this. When things get rough or things get scary, she wants to remember how she felt in this moment and him being there in front of her. The golden curls. He's wearing a pair of dark blue shorts, a white button up, his shaded glasses.

His skin is warm and his lips form a smile back at her. He tilts his head. "What?"

"It's perfect." She steps forward and wraps her arms around his neck by stepping on her tippy toes. "You're perfect."

When they kiss, she can taste the salt air on his lips. Her body melts into his instantly and her head spins. Thankfully his hands move to her hips, securing her body tight against his.

"What now?" She smiles against his mouth.

"Whatever you want," He says. "I made dinner arrangements for 6. I hope that's okay."